Do you add tobacco to your pot?

Do you add tobacco to your pot?  

122 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As an ex-ciggie smoker I no longer spin at all. The stoned feeling without tobacco is mellower, most likely due to the fact that I'm not getting hits of nicotine. I no longer crave cones and have complete control over when I smoke. I always felt compelled to smoke when I mixed.

Pure pot tastes better to me. It is smoother and I never cough. :peace:

I've got a little story relevant to tobacco and pot.

i used to work with a young guy who's best friend smoked ciggies and pot. He asked me once if I had ever known of anyone getting violent due to pot use. I said no and he told me this story. Anyway this guy had a girlfriend who only smoked pot (no ciggies) in the evening after work. All the pot they smoked with spin. It turned out that their relationship was having problems because she was in a foul mood all day until she had her first smoke. Things got worse and worse until she finally trashed his room in a rage during the recent pot drought. Next she goes and sees her GP. she tells the GP that she smokes pot. GP doesn't even ask if she mixes her pot with tobacco. He decides that she is suffering from some form of psychosis and wants to put her in rehab or something along those lines. Well, to me it sounded like the lass was suffering nicotine withdrawl and after a few really simple tests it turned out that was the case. When she smoked just a small amount of tobacco (no pot) she was instantly calm again.

I wonder if there are other mis-diagnosed problems like this that are added to the "pot makes you crazy statistics"?

I wonder if there are other mis-diagnosed problems like this that are added to the "pot makes you crazy statistics"?

As someone who found it very easy to get a diagnosis of Bipolar disorder (type 2) by answering the K10 questionnaire, I am highly skeptical of psychiatry and psychology. When I had a discussion with my doctor a couple of weeks ago about Bipolar disorder, I asked her if there was any way to diagnose the 'disorder' other than a questionnaire, that could be answered differently based on whatever was happening in life at the time. She said there wasn't.

I also asked her to prove to me the link between pot and psychosis, which she couldn't. Her proof went as follows:

1/ A Dutch study of military personnel measured how many pot smokers and non smokers had psychotic episodes

2/ The incidence of psychosis was higher in those who had smoked marijuana

3/ Therefore pot causes psychosis

I think philosophers would turn in their graves if they saw this 'proof'. It is completely lacking in logic. One could easily say that those who are prone to psychosis('loss of contact with reality' Stedman's Medical Dictionary says Wiki) are more likely to smoke pot.

I'm no Scientologist(sorry but Zenu is just a little beyond believability) but I understand their distrust of psychiatry. If anything I have written angers you, then perhaps you have Intermittent Explosive Disorder and should seek treatment :peace:

Yeah those psych tests are totally bogus IMO. How are they gonna diagnose a complex condition like bipolar disorder or clinical depression based on your responses to 10 (or so) vague questions. I did one recently and the questions were things like "do you regularly have trouble sleeping or staying awake?" and "do you often have trouble concentrating?"

I mean, shit, these symptoms could be indicative of something else, like fatigue from shift work, for example. Maybe if they had a few more questions and they were more focussed instead of straight yes / no answers.

Anyway, back on topic, I used to use spin in my bong, but mostly to make it go further cos I was buying singles for $25 each. Yeah, a total rip, but it was a captive market with fuck all else to do, so I paid it like all the other suckers.

I ended up totally hooked on the baccy though, so I no longer use spin and it definitely makes a difference! The withdrawals if I can't smoke up are virtually non-existant (though I'd still prefer to be doing it!) and I no longer wake up at 4am to pull a cone (that was definitely due to the baccy addiction).

I also use screens now and don't find all green cones harsh at all... :peace:

Hell, I set my clock to get up at 4 and punch cones. :wub: Kidding, I have a bit of a sleep disorder, only sleep 60-90 mins at a stretch. Check my posting history. Who needs a guard dog when you can have sleep deprivation? :peace: Bong's handy, may as well have one while I'm up.

No place for that evil, wicked drug in my mix bowl....like putting lemonade with your beer! Yuk

Too right... and the habits of both baccy in mull and lemonade in beer are wacky British quirks.

Americans and Canadians would think you're nuts for putting baccy with your buds. Europeans and Brits have historically gone more for hash than buds; hash usually is smoked with baccy, but that pref for hash over buds is changing as indoor growing is getting more popular and border security is tightened, reducing the supply of hash.

Mind you, the cheap soapbar hash found in the UK has barely any cannabis in it- the other materials, anything from henna to road tar and roofing shingles, are still pretty easy to come by...

I rip the bud off, dont cut it, and smoke the fucker whole. who needs sicssors? only tightarses use tobacco?

you want to get stoned get stoned, dont fuck around just get stoned.

Thats a bit harsh leafy. I have always used tobacco, joint or bong. Have a look at this site. http://www.weedfarmer.com/joint_rolling/mix/mix.htm someone put it in a post a day or so ago. Fuck it is hard to type atm. I never mulled up tobacco to stretch the MJ. It was traditional and part of the joint making, everyone did it back in the seventies. It was an art form, just like these dudes in here who grow top smoke. It is an art form. Thats what has been lost over the years. People wanting to get shit faced after the first bong and not really getting into the vibe and magic of what a good smoke can do, it brought people together to be happy and have fun.