Does this compare to a Volcano?

Thanks ColdFrixion for the info and the cool tutorial! I think I will be buying one of these soon.

Just one question: Did you consider bogging up some of the cracks with silicon rather than tape? I know this would not work for all gaps, like around the buttons, but may work for other gaps and would look neater....

Come to think about it, it may even work around the buttons as it is flexible.....

Let me know what you think! Thanks mate....

I honestly never considered silicon, but not because I don't think it would work. I'm not really familiar with it and have never really used silicon, so you could definitely be on to something. If it's really pliable, it might be just the thing, especially for the areas around the tray door. I'd certainly be willing to consider trying that if you tell me a little more about which brand/kind (if it comes in different varieties) of silicon you think would work best?

I guess my question would be how hard it dries and if it can be removed once it's been applied and had to time set/dry(if you have to let it dry that is)? Obviously with tape, you can just peel it off. Can you do something similar with any silicon formulations you can think of? You mentioned it was flexible, so I would imagine it can be manipulated fairly easily after being applied, correct? In your opinion, do you think it might be more toxic than tape, about the same or less toxic?

Edited by ColdFrixion

Hi there, I do not believe silicone to be toxic, unless you use them as breast implants, and even then the is no real evidence. Selleys make a gutter sealant suitable for drinking water systems so I think this should be safe.

Silicone goes on as a mouldable goo so you can push it into cracks. It then "hardens" while realeasing acetic acid (I think)....it smells like that anyway, and you end up with a rubber like material.

This can easily be scraped off plastic or metal with a blade.

I have been reading more about the Vapir and seeing complaints that the users are not getting high!! This is not good. Are they doing something wrong? Got any feedback before I part with my $$?

Cheers

Hi there, I do not believe silicone to be toxic, unless you use them as breast implants, and even then the is no real evidence. Selleys make a gutter sealant suitable for drinking water systems so I think this should be safe.

Silicone goes on as a mouldable goo so you can push it into cracks. It then "hardens" while realeasing acetic acid (I think)....it smells like that anyway, and you end up with a rubber like material.

This can easily be scraped off plastic or metal with a blade.

Very informative. Thank you. I'll have to see if I can locate some Selleys and possibly give that a shot.

I have been reading more about the Vapir and seeing complaints that the users are not getting high!! This is not good. Are they doing something wrong? Got any feedback before I part with my $$?

Nearly every review I've ever read about the Vapir had something negative to say about it. If I had read those reviews before I purchased mine, I would've never bought one. Again, the reason most people aren't experiencing the high they expect is because the machine leaks a lot of vapor, which reduces the concentration of it, in turn resulting in a weak high. I can almost guarantee that anybody who follows the tutorial I put together and modifies theirs won't experience those issues. I understand why they're not satisfied, but it's an issue that's easy to resolve.

IMO there are only two Vaps that I would buy. The VRIP (which I own) and a Volcano. Here's my VRIP review with pics: http://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...c=10385&hl=VRIP

I have heard the Vaps that use a soldering iron are OK but I'm not convinced.

Did you watch the video I posted? If so, I'm not sure why anyone would need to use either a Vriptech or Volcano, that is unless someone were to bring up the issue of reliability. I'm certain the Volcano is built far more reliably than the Vapir ONE v3.0. The Vriptech, on the other hand, I'd be a bit concerned about breaking the glass when using the heat gun(seating it in the attachment).