Does this compare to a Volcano?

Sure it's a poor design, which is exactly why I recommend modifying it.

Just like a car, if you can buy one that doesn't run great and fix it up so that it does(with little or no out of pocket expense,) I'm not sure what difference it really makes other than you saved a lot of money.

Mate I say 'well done'.

I bought a Vapir, mainly because I wanted to see what vaping was all about, but didn't want to fork out a $1000 to find out, I am and still are impressed by the vapir for the price, it gets me stoned on less weed than I would normally smoke in a session, and I don't cough up lung fulls of phlegm the next morning (I really should use it more often) I tend to use a multitude of injestion implements, I try to mix em up:

Vape is a real good clean head high, good for movies or music

Joint for that chilled out arvo, surfing the net or dribbling shit to friends.

Water bong is just great when you want to get ripped fast, good for bad moods, headaches etc

Dry pipe when I want to taste the smoke, and for easy carry convienience, similar to bong for effect just not as quick

And a good old cookie or two to just feel really fucking great all day :peace:

ps: before anyone says, dope is dope, and how ya smoke it doesn't change it, well this is my experience with injesting MJ, some may differ some may be similar, but this is mine.

So how much are these new Vapirs (delivered)?

I don't know what they charge for shipping, but I just checked air-2's website and it looks like they're selling the one I have for $150 USD ($204 AUD). It looks like that includes the inflation kit, which I think they normally sell separately. I bought mine at a shop around here for the same price, and saved on the shipping costs.

$150-200 is pretty fucking good hey. That's the magic price that vapourisers need to get down to, so if you're getting good results then this is great news.

What else do you like about the Vapir One? Anything that it does or is, any reason other than price when comparing it to a Volcano or Vriptech?

I like the idea of herb discs, myself. You don't have to stop and reload the whip with herb when you've spent your current batch. You just pick up another disc (with fresh herb) and insert it in the unit. You can have these ready to go before your session starts, so there's no delay throughout the entire session.

In contrast to the Volcano, you can take a hit from the bag directly after removing it from the unit, instead of having to attach a mouthpiece (or some such) such as what I've seen with the Volcano.

For those who haven't observed a Volcano in action, here's what I'm talking about:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8...899774072010423,

Edited by ColdFrixion

Thanks ColdFrixion for the info and the cool tutorial! I think I will be buying one of these soon.

Just one question: Did you consider bogging up some of the cracks with silicon rather than tape? I know this would not work for all gaps, like around the buttons, but may work for other gaps and would look neater....

Come to think about it, it may even work around the buttons as it is flexible.....

Let me know what you think! Thanks mate....