fungus knat larvae - how to tell if its dead?

did u find that the scarid fly drench had a negative impact on the health of the plants when applied? I heard that you have to be extremely vigilent in flushing it out after applied, otherwise it can be more detrimental to the plants than the knats themselves!

just as an update regarding microbial - after 5 drenches 3 days apart of 5ml microbial per litre (ph balanced to 7) of the grodan media, and also adding 2ml per litre to the nutrient solution, and spraying any visible adults with mortein house and garden, i can tell you that the sciarad fly is gone! also, i have sensational white healthy new roots growin through the bottom of the grodan slab, clearly visible against the brown shriveled up pythium infested roots. and there is alot of lush green growth on top - clearly visible against the dead, brown leaves affected by the sciarad fly and pythium. i think microbial is a good product.

i will continue to use it in all my G-rooms at 1/2 ml per litre in the nutrient solution as a root conditioner and preventative, and will see how things go over the summer - higher water temps leads to increased root problems generally.

did u find that the scarid fly drench had a negative impact on the health of the plants when applied?  I heard that you have to be extremely vigilent in flushing it out after applied, otherwise it can be more detrimental to the plants than the knats themselves!

Yes you Totally have to flush the product after a 24hr drench. Yes younger cuttings show signs of 'stress' when applied but it's a case more often than not of nuking them before the problem snowballs...