N Def ? ........ Shit compost

mullaway .....  'humus plus' is good gear mate

Thanks mullaway - I'll check it out. :thumbsup

Frazzle ........  Yeah your right....they (leaves) should last months

maybe some foliar feeding....spary

Now that escaped me ............. "folier feeding" :thumbsup

At last I have an asnal of 2-4 brand names "humus plus", "blood & bone", "seasol" & "Dynamic Lifter". Yet I find it difficult to find a "retaied compost" suitable for an entire grow once once have germed.

I have been met with the unimpressive idea of making my own compost. Quite frankly, I have found using 'real soil' leads to infectiion from fungus the like ailments. Coco is sterilalized but needs nutes & dries out too fast outdoors.

Thanks mulaway & Frazz.

Heya nitram, i know its not compost but i used to use "worm juice" on my plants when i was growing outside and still use it on my regular garden

for anyone growing regularly in soil i reccomend buying a worm farm

they pay for themselves over time in terms of not having to buy extra nutrients

the worms eat most kitchen scraps, newspaper and plant matter and what they give back is nothing short of surprising, at the bottom of the worm farm there is a small reservior which catches all the juices and worm shit

it contains nutrients, vitamins, plant hormones, humic acids and a multitude of other natural goodies which not only feed the plant and make it stronger but also condition poor soils with humus

if you take this and apply it to your plants the results are very impressive

i consider it " liquid gold" and swear by it :thumbsup

frazz ..........i consider it " liquid gold" and swear by it

I can get 'Liquid gold' as a friend has about 20Lts every 3 - 4 weeks.

when I used it outdoors eralier this year (Oct Nov) on some test plants they all got a fungus from the juice. It's really put me off it. :(

Possibly I used the 'seasol' at a level too low. I used an Ec meter on some 'Dynamic Lifter' mix and now it's at EC=22. So I will see how that goes over the next week. :devilred: