N Def ? ........ Shit compost

Grow : Outdoors

Strain: Tai Satvia

Medium: Compost (need urgently)

Grow Status : Sprouted, currently veging well & mostly sexed 3-4 Fem/3 Males

Male to be matched with a different strain.

A repot was planned for 4 weeks time

into larger & final pots for flowering after another

4 weeks of veging. Rough Plan !

Simply I need a recomendation of some decent compost. I plan to pot up to 25-30 lt pots in approximately 3 weeks time.

I have been unable to find an outlet for "seals" compost which has bee suggested to me already.

I tried at my local hydo shop where I get bulbs, nute ect but to no avail ! Strange they could not even recommend any brand of compost. All he could sugest is worm castings & a home made mix lol UCKY UCK ! lol

Is "All Mix" availiable or somethin like what's avaiable in the UK like "John Inns #1 , #2 & #3".

I am looking for a similar mix as the JI #3, for my outdoor Tai Satvia's

The first pic shows one plant with the lower leaves gradually turning yellow.

the second pic is of the same plant 1/2 way up in an attempt to get a closer shot.

Best I could do :mellow:

post-5398-1134274553_thumb.jpg post-5398-1134274887_thumb.jpg

Bottom leaves are yellowing - I am guessing "N" Deficiency. What do ya think ???

they were getting attacked by insects producing thos munchie green fellas hide & munch away. so I sprayed a little of "Neem Oil" & in the process was a little to close and burnt some leaf.

While they are coping at the moment in the long run they won't - I am sure as they don't get real hungry untill when in full flower. Weeks away Yet Feb/March as a guess. :scratchin

Hey Nitram,

Could be an N def, could also just be old leaves dying off mate lol

Good compost... hrm, well if you mean "top-covering" for the pot, I'd suggest getting some "Dynamic Lifter" organic release pellets and chucking a handful of those ontop of the medium. Then ontop of this shove a good few handfuls of peastraw or other straw/hay type material (beware though, you can end up with foreign plants germinating). You want the straw-layer to be about 2-3" thick when dry, it will compress plenty when you water it.

Alternatively sprinkle a small handful of blood and bone over the top of the pot and then give a good watering, either will give your plant an N boost. (Feeding with Maxicrop or making your own "piss-tea" would also probably work).

I have the "osmocote" - slow release on top. It has been on for 3 weeks now ... only 1/4 teaspoon (lowest possible dose)

I've also got some "seasol" & "Dynamic Lifter" liquid ferts. N content is 10 & 9.

The other thing is that it has been raining alot just when I potted up. I am wondering if the rain washed out alot of the nutes ..... just like 'flushing' ?

Eikel.....Alternatively sprinkle a small handful of blood and bone over the top of the pot and then give a good watering, either will give your plant an N boost. (Feeding with Maxicrop or making your own "piss-tea" would also probably work).

I think I will go for the blood & Bone

wantdachronic .......i reckon the pot is too small for the plant which is making the big sun leaves die right up the main stem from the bottom up....i see it all the time on my plants so its only a guess...

Thats worth me checking rign now :whistling - back to post in 2 mins....... :smoke

That was a shock - roots wre at the bottom and it only been 11 Days since I potted up. The one in the pic is a Fem (approx 2-2.5 ' tall - the right height) & is now in a 25 Lt pot.

I also potted up a second Fem into a 20 Lt pot. Roots were the same and was in a smaller pot 15 Lt. ;)

The dying off is difficult to say if it was occuring up the main cola as I have toppped them. The huge male (in 20Lt pot atm awaiting it's final 25Lt pot) seems to be handling it ok and is twice the size of the females.

Time will tell with the potsize as a possible problem - but it's delt with for 1 female anyway as she is in my largest & final pot now.......... Gun it Gril lol

wantdachronic .......if it is a nutrient problem, could try some seasol or if desperate or poor, miracle grow

Thanks wantdachronic I have 'seasol' but using the liquid 'dynamic lifter' + 'oasmocote - slow release pellets' & 'seasol'.

post-5398-1134283097_thumb.jpg

Pic of 3rd Female post taking cuts with Liquid "Dynamic Lifer"

PS/ Do you measure EC of your mix for watering/feeding outdoors ? - I never have before. Current EC = 22 - dynamic lifter in bin approx 30 Lts.

Thanks wantdachronic & Eikel - a number of thought aan I am ib ut

We'll see how they respond :thumbsup

Frazzle..I don't think its suffering from nitrogen defiecency at all

So what, if anything do you think it is Fraz ?

cheers all lol

The dying off is difficult to say if it was occuring up the main cola as I have toppped them. The huge male (in 20Lt pot atm awaiting it's final 25Lt pot) seems to be handling it ok and is twice the size of the females.

males dont need as large a root mass as females, i suggest moving that plant either into the hugest pot you can possibly get OR even better, straight into the ground....you wont regret it come harvest lol

IMO the plant is just going through a natural process, stripping the chlorophyl, starches and sugars from the old leaves and re-directing to where it can be used for new growth

seems like you have a multitude of nutrients...should see some result lol

Edited by Frazzle

The Male is already in a 30+ Lt pot now & I have not got any bigger w.... lol

A biger pot means a biger tree ......... the bigest mal I have had from these seds has been 7' +.......... it show itself u=over the top of my fence which is a no no . :thumbdown

It's not the big male I have a problem with it's the Fems.

.... i suggest moving that plant either into the hugest pot you can possibly get OR even better, straight into the ground....you wont regret it come harvest

Na ....I don't harvest the males w :scratchin - grab polland & run........ :lol:

cheers

IMO the plant is just going through a natural process, stripping the chlorophyl, starches and sugars from the old leaves and re-directing to where it can be used for new growth

seems like you have a multitude of nutrients...should see some result  lol

in perfect conditions those leaves should last months before starting to die off, if at all lol

understandable you cant have plants over the fence, nor would you keep the male around....but the females need their root space and will give you a massive yield if the roots are given enough space to grow into ;)

nice looking plant though, cant wait to see the harvest pics so dont hold back ;)

Frazzle ..... IMO the plant is just going through a natural process, stripping the chlorophyl, starches and sugars from the old leaves and re-directing to where it can be used for new growth

w .......in perfect conditions those leaves should last months before starting to die off, if at all

I have not had this problem tiis early on in a grow so early so I would agree.

Frazzle ... seems like you have a multitude of nutrients...should see some result

yep plentyof nutes -

Dosn't anyone know of any decent compost brands ?

Thanks Frazz & wantdachronic;