Plant Problems

Hi all it seems something has possibly stunt the growth of a number of my plants. I started my plants from seeds 3 and a half weeks ago and now have 3 very good plants now which are going well and would be 15-20 odd centimetres tall but the rest which were planted at the same time are dismal to say the least. They are only about 5cm tall and have been that way for 2 weeks I'd say.

I also have a couple more plants that were planted a week later and are also stuck at 5 cm.

I'm growing outdoors in a greenhouse/hothouse (more information about my grow can be found through the link in my signature)

When packing some of the pots with soil I packed some more compact than others so I was wondering could the problem be caused by the soil being too compacted even though the moisture content is right?

I have no idea on the strain of plants that I have as I was given 2 batches of seeds from 2 different sources

Some strains grow faster than others, some do better outside, some do better inside, not knowing your strain makes it quite hard to diagnose a growth problem. When you say you packed the pots more, how hard did you pack em? You also need to remember the rule of nature, the strong are strong for a reason, to survive over the weaker plants :bleh:

You've taken that quote out of context a bit.

I have 2 different strains although I agree I don't know what the are.

First lot were planted 3.5 weeks ago and came from an outdoor grower and only 3 are doing well. If it was a strain problem those 3 would be as bad as the rest I would think.

The second batch im not sure weather they came from an indoor or outdoor grow but you could be correct as far as this strain not being suited to the outdoor grow.

its more than likely strain related but it could also have something to do with those bigger plants getting more light during the day or they are just in a better position, could even be that the plants have more available nutrients but i wouldnt know sorry....

if i had to guess, i'd say its because the plants are getting more light and/or strain related :bleh:

It could be due to many things, you need to focus on what is different between the plants and their grow conditions, a few pictures would help if you can manage it.

The leaves will give you an indication if they are different strains, if they have short wide "fingers" they will be Indica dominant, long thin ones show a Sativa dominance, if the leaves are different on any of the plants then they are usually different strains.

:bleh:

[DAY 25]

Pics as requested

The following 2 pics are of the one plant with the third pic being from the same batch of seed just slow as buggery to grow.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/Cultivator/Greenhouse30-11-05001.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/Cultivator/Greenhouse30-11-05002.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/Cultivator/Greenhouse30-11-05003.jpg

This pic is from a seperate source and was planted a week after the first lot making it [DAY 18] but again seems to have stunted growth

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c339/Cultivator/Greenhouse30-11-05004.jpg

Let me know what you think people :bleh:

i think .... and don't quote me cos i'm ripped ::bleh::

it's the pot size , and ultimatly an over -watering senario , i found it best to start off plants in a real small container , then it becomes easy to moniter it's growing conditions , allways use luke warm water too when they are babies :smoke and a bit of perlite .

good luck

ev