Seedlings stalled

ffc99

Hi guys,

I have a couple of seedlings growing. They sprouted their first pair of round leaves, then their first pair of jagged leaves no worries. They now seem to have stopped growing!

In the past, I have been used to pretty rapid growth at this stage, but these guys seem to have just stopped! They are not dying and they look healthy, just no new growth! :thumbdown

Any ideas??

Sorry I skimped on the details! I started these guys off in a styrofoam cup with potting mix. This has always worked for me! I germinated outside but then brought them inside unser 24 hours of MH light....not too close as to cook 'em..

I just water with plain H20 as there are nutes in the soil. Anyway, after they stalled I did move them to perlite in an autopot hydro setup with stinky Dutch Master nutes, hoping that might get them moving.

I have had a 2l coke bottle inverted over them too...not sure if this is the problem....

As always, thanks for you help guys...

Hmmm I recon its too much light. 1 set of jagged leaves you say? 400 watts of anything is too much. If you leave them under it I bet a big fat cola they will start to go brown in a day or two.

I have this problem all the time. Under compact fluorescents mine don’t seem to have enough light and stretch and fall over and on the other hand if I put them under a 400w HPS they fry.

Wish I had $40 spare to buy some tube fluorescents. It’s really pissing me off.

Lets find out shall we? How about you leave one under the 400w and put the other back outside or under a flo.

I will bet another big fat cola that the one under the 400w grows really slow or fries and dies and the other one will recover and flourish.

Good luck & keep us posted

Ok jifto, please send that fat cola! :-D The problem was,,,,,,ta da,,,,,not enough light, as suggested by oniks...good work.

I am embarrassed to admit this (but it might help another bigger), but it was my MH bulb d'oh. I figured they were just like ordinary light bulbs (c'mon, it looks just like a giant light bulb, right?)...wrong! I read a few posts here on lighting and realized the advertised life was not the time till the bulb blows (mtbf) but till the light degrades.

Anyway, i put the light really close and bam...they started to grow before my eyes.

Needless to say a new globe is in the post.

Thanks again to you guys, you rock!