Major Insect Problem!

HI Sir Crop Alot. What others have said about the fly screen and velcro is a good physical barrier. But insects will still probably get inside as you enter or you might even accidently introduce them yourself from your clothing, shoes etc. Another first line of defence I would recomend would be the use of Neem Oil. I use this my self (in doors) and in summer I find if you constantly spray with Neem oil then you don't get spider mites, aphids etc. The product I use is called Nemesis bought from local hydro store. Its a natural product so its not the last resort measure but used as a preventative measure. This should be used with sticky fly traps ( yellow coloured with sticky adhesive). As its just the colour yellow that the insects are attracted too you can make your own sticky traps with yellow plastic covered in a substance as heavy grade motor oil (or you can just buy them as well !).

Some insects are also attracted to sweetened water. A simple screen placed over a bucket or jar of sweetened water makes an excellent trap. Use water with sugar or molasses and include some protein like yeast or powered egg. Pests that are attracted to this apparently include cucumber beetles, tomato horn worm and more !

Hope this helps :smoke

In the hot house in College we hang insect strips to find out where the majority of them all and their is a safe chemical that most places sell and I suggest that you get a book on Green house management or Floraculture, I have worked in green houses and with plants for thee years or more, if thier is community college or a 4 year university near you, or even here on the web, take a day that is raining and read about intergrated pest managemnet. This will help you with the green house and the pest problem. Need more info drop me a line. :)