Major Insect Problem!

Hi everyone, I was wondering what you all do for insect repelant or what you do to keep the bastards away.

I'm using a greenhouse/hothouse and I leave the door half open at one end, and have an opening at the other for fresh air circulation. For the first time today I have bees, flys, dragonflys and worst of all BEETLES! in my hothouse :angry: .

Mr bettle has had him self a 3 course meal of 1 Jaggered Green Leaf special :peace: .

This has to stop! HELP!

Well Last night I went to Bunnings and managed to get some very open weaved shade cloth and 2 pieces of dowel. I've used "race tape" with one end connected to the house frame, and the other just sits on the ground. Now I just need some velcro to hold the side from flapping around and the jobs done.

Also bought some "BugBgone" spray, but I'm leaving that as a last resort.

I'll see how I go over the next few days if we get hot weather and let everyone know how I go :peace:

Just come back inside from attend to the insect problem again. The wind is playing havoc with me today :D

Anyway fixed the screen up, sprayed and now I'll leave it an hour or 2 and then check again. Seems to be mainly grass flies today, but it isnt as hot as yesterday.

Starting to think it's time to either get a better hothouse or switch to hydro while the plants are young and before they start to take off :scratchin

Im really keen to finish this grow in the hothouse then when I start my next grow I'll switch to hydro with my XPAT seeds :P

I also bought some weed mat last night, so I'll put that on the ground (when the wind calms down) to stop the grass and weeds, which in turn will hopefully stop the grass flies.