Help needed! Should I harvest now?

I can't believe it -- I thought all my five plants were female - but after I broke a few branch ends of one plant and began to examine the buds - I found tiny seeds :scratchin:

So one (or more) must be a hermie, right? I've seen close-ups of males and none look nothing like that - not even remotely. Should I immediately harvest all 5 plants now -- (one other looks like it might contain seeds also)

Thanks for any help. ( They have been in flower for 6 weeks 3 days)

KN

can't believe it -- I thought all my five plants were female - but after I broke a few branch ends of one plant and began to examine the buds - I found tiny seeds 

So one (or more) must be a hermie, right? 

:no: :no:

Not neces so - have you considered the only other pos but less likely that of 'containation' of yor grow space somehow with pollond. :scratchin

After a big wait - I'm truly gutted for you kayanow :scratchin:

Thanks for any help. ( They have been in flower for 6 weeks 3 days)

Sorry, no majic wand can undo what has ben done. :thumbdown

By the looks of it - it's only the one plant that has seeds, which I thought was just a diferent strain from the rest - because after inspecting others I didn't find any seeds, although it wasn't totally a thorough investigation.

Hermies produce seeds, right? So maybe just this one is a hermie - but can hermies pollinate the other females - and if so, then should i harvest 2 wks prematurely incase there are seeds forming in others-which maybe they're could be i suspect?

It's not all a lost case is it? Can you still get high on pollinated females?

You certainly can get high on fetilized females, and yes hermies can pollinate the whole room if you got fans going

why dont you just harvest that one with the seed and closely dis-member it, see if that is the pollen source, it may be an idea to spray it down with water before removing from room as this would stop further spread of pollen.

have the other plants got many white pistals still coming out?

Thanks I did as you said and removed it - but forgot to spray it with water first - doh! too late now. Ok, now out of the 4 plants left - one has (indica) practically all amber/brown pistils, but others have a good share of white - especially one plant! What does that indicate? :scratchin: Eagerly waiting your response. KN

Hi..me again.. and yet again I'm only going on memeory ... you should check the growing guide to see what the colou changes mean in the pistels ... pretty sure that amber/brown pistels means nearly late for harvest .. if they're still all white then its still flowering and not ready - sorry can't be more pointed with the advice but do suggest you have a read in the Grow guide index...

sounds like not alls lost which is great ....

good luck KN ... positive vibrations coming your way :scratchin:

found this KN

Pickle

post Oct 10 2005, 12:52 AM

Post #7

Dedicated Stoner

Group: Senior Members

Submissions: None

Downloads: None

Member No.: 4,306

It's pretty hard to tell, the photos are a bit blurry. How long have they been in 12/12?

See all the crystals? They are trichomes. When they are mostly amber it's time to flush (one to two weeks). The trichomes on your first pic look like they are ready in certain spots but a lot look realy white/clear, like i said it's hard to tell. There is a pic around here somewhere that shows when to harvest but i can't find it right now, i will later.

The big round thing is a seed.

It doesn't look like you got a lot so if the trichomes aren't mostly amber wait, they might put on a little beef.

--------------------

Snoochy boochy boo

Thanks Musha, yeah I wish i had a better camera that took close-ups and i knew how to reduce pics -it took me like 3 hrs last time - anyway as you said all hope isn't lost as it appears that the one i pulled out was a hermie who self-pollintaed itself (had sex with itself and gave birth?) pretty crazy stuff :rolleyes:

anyway -- hopefully :scratchin: I can leave the others to fatten up a bit more - Ciao- Im going to check out the grow guide!

*Looks guilty for not finding the info*

It's not the pistils that you should be watching but the trichomes. Here's a couple of links to the info i should have posted before.

http://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...showtopic=10134

http://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...?showtopic=9089

There was a heaps better thread with info on a lot of factors, i can't find it at the moment but they should help you.

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.