Bali 9 plea bargain:

....watch what happens if the Indonesians are dumb enough to blow away nine young christians because of their particular faith, it will be the biggest mistake they will ever make.

I've got to disagree Buddy, the world doesn't see 9 young christians, they just see 9 pathetic heroin smugglers and I suspect much of the 'civilized world' will cheer when they hit the firing squad.

I hear a lot of sympathy for Corby but not a great deal for the Bali 9 - but hey, don't get me wrong, I'm against the death penalty for any crime.

I hear a lot of sympathy for Corby but not a great deal for the Bali 9 - but hey, don't get me wrong, I'm against the death penalty for any crime.

Ditto - I think they're stupid dumb kids, not criminals deserving of death.

BTW - who said they were Christian anyway? and why does that matter?

I suppose it depends on your sex appeal in the west on the amount of public sympathy your going to get.

I see the model is wearing the head rag and is turning muslim....she'll get off :thumbdown

A report in today's paper says this model prisoner (or model in prison :blink: ) may only get a few months because she is an addict. Apparently their legal system is civilised enough to recognise the difference between an addict in possession and people smuggling for profit.

As for sex appeal, I saw a doco a few years back that said pretty people generally fared better in court hearings. Something about juries & judges having more empathy with attractive defendants. They based the doco on USA court stats I think.

I have to say that although I feel bad for these 9 people I think they are fucking stupid to have ever done it at all let allone suposedly doing it a few times

smuggling drugs into other countries is just stupid, partucularly if you choose to do it in a country that has such tough penalties , there is no I didn't know this I didn't know that , every person who enters these countries signs a customs decleration forum , which states in thialand , china , hong kong , vietnam , indo ect ect that THE PENALTY FOR DRUG TRAFFICING IS DEATH and it is in big letters so people don't miss it

If your in another country abide buy there laws , imo more so that you do in your own because should you get into trouble in a forign place what is instore for you isn't generally a great experiance ,

I highly reccomend the movie midnight run to anyone that hasn't seen it , it used to be a requirement to watch for quantas flight crew