Bali 9 plea bargain:

Author: no byline

Date: 11 oct 2005

Source: The Chaser

Copyright: © Chaser Publishing Pty Ltd 2005.

Link: article link

Bali 9 plea bargain: agree to death penalty in return for $5000 cash

Tuesday, 11 October 2005

The Bali 9 have struck a deal with Indonesian prosecutors, under which they’ll chance a firing squad in return for $5000 cash. “Yes, the odds of getting through a firing squad aren’t good,” admitted accused Scott Rush. “But they’ve got to be better than the odds of getting through Indonesian customs with heroin strapped to your stomach.”

The offer was accepted on the eve of the Bali 9 trials, after which the Bali 9 were widely expected to become the Bali 0.

Yet despite the plea, the Bali 9 continue to deny their guilt. “There’s no doubt the heroin was strapped to my body by baggage handlers,” Renae Lawrence told reporters. “At least that’s what Schapelle Corby’s mum reckons happened.”

The deal comes as the Federal Court hears claims that the Australian Federal Police may have assisted Indonesian authorities intercept the Bali 9. "The truth is we don't really care what happens in the Federal Court, what with that whole 'about to die' thing," Rush said. "We just wanted to be involved in at least one case we had a hope in hell of winning."

Should the Bali 9 be officially granted the death penalty, it is understood their execution will be outsourced to terrorist group Jemaah Islamiah, the traditional enforcers of the death penalty for Westerners in the region.

PHOTO CAPTION: Renae Lawrence - negotiating her return home from Bali in a box

post-2174-1129211956_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brash

I don't care if they had drugs strapped to their bodies or not, killing people for this sort of shit is wrong. It's funny how people who blow shit up in their Bali get a slap on the wrist for what they've done.

I'm not sure what our government can do about it, but if they let a single one of these people die, then there is something seriously wrong with the society we live in.

What sort of a country KILLS people?

many countries execute people - the USA is probably still number one at it and as Texas governor, George Bush killed more inmates than any other governor in Texas' history.

A fucked up country with primative, draconian laws. I'm not quite sure of this, but I would guess that these laws stem from a particular religion.

These laws don't stem from a particular religion. Every country in the region executes drug smugglers - Singapore (no state religion - but with a heady mix of hindi, islamic, christian and buddhist citizens), Thailand (Buddhism), Vietnam (no state religion) just to name a few of the non-Islamic ones.

I think Oz narco-tourists need to find another location, maybe closer to home (Nimbin?)

On the subject of Singapore - They used to have a thing about hippies, I was forced to have a haircut in 1972.

Edited by Brash

I doubt the Bali 9 will be executed, thousands of large western countries operate out of Indonesia.

Indonesia survives on foreign investment because of its cheap labour=big profits.

Look at your computer, you'll find that 90% if it was manufactured in that discusting country.

The civilized world will boycott Indonesia if they murder these nine people and let convicted muslim terrorists go free.

Indonesians will be forced to step up their child prostitution industry to try and make ends meet when western investment

and tourism dries up (it's starting to happen already)

Did anyone see the clips of the terrorist beheadings?

http://www.ogrish.com/beheading_videos.html

Executing these nine Australians is no different....watch what happens if the Indonesians are dumb enough to blow away nine

young christians because of their particular faith, it will be the biggest mistake they will ever make.

I still can't believe that you can get KILLED by a country, if the Australian government lets this happen, can anyone see the possible ramifications? both here and over there, I mean I know there have been people executed over there b4, but, aren't we meant to be moving forward and evolving?