how do u flush out ur buds?

ok guys, what about naturally grown plants in soil, where the plant gets it's nutrients from the soil, how do you flush a plant grown in soil, I mean sure don't put any ferts in the water, but the soil still has nutes in it, does that mean that you can't really flush a soil plant, or do you have to pull it out the ground and wash the soil from the roots?

Active vs Passive nute delivery, in hydro, the nutes are "just there" in the solution for the plant to drink, In organics the plant takes only what it wants.

Organic flushing is really a moot point, providing you don't add chems/nutes to your water your plants will not have a big checmical buildup (unlike hydro).

This is also my theory on wht it's hard to burn plants with organics, they only take what they want or need and aren't being "forced fed" nutes.

Or is this really only a big deal when using hydro nutes?

Bingo!

And a question for you Mush about the flavour thing, as I have never smoked hash before, I can't answer it, but, wouldn't hash have the same taste as water cured? and people seem to love hash?

The amount of time that the bubblehash material is actually being soaked is FAAR less than a water cure - you're talking maximum 1 hour as opposed to 168 hours of soaking.

In any case, there are alot of misconceptions going around, Hydro growers learn what's good for Hydro only - Organics is a different kettle of fish, I'm pretty sure this is why alot of Hydro-only growers don't like "indoor soil", because their hydro grow-habits are so ingrained into their growing methodology.

(As per usual, all the above is my own opinion and not scientifically theorized and tested, no offense is intedned by my opinions).

coz you lose the best part ... for me ... the flavour and smell of the bud

:P. sure sure. OK the very 1st time you smoked. did you do it for flavor and smell? Dont kid yourself, you did it to get smashed. To get smashed you need THC, not flavor and smell.

you like to use metaphors,

SO water curing is like changing the tyres on the car after the race has finished.

:P

It’s very hard for people to admit to themself that they are doing things in inferior way. Then to admit it to everyone else is even harder.

You guys can say you like the flavours and smells all you like but don’t think anyone with an ounce of intelligence who gathers all the facts for themselves wont see that a water cure is a far superior method. (Unless you’re dealing and want weight. But that’s not what we are about here.)

Your buds are like malnutritioned Ethiopians while mine are like big fat Americans. Hows that for a metaphor Ferengi420 :whistling

*A better THC to plant matter ratio

*Better quality THC that hasn’t had time to degenerate from air & light

*No green harsh chlorophyll

Do some serious research and you will and I am sure you will find lots more positive points to add to the list.

Heya Dsyfer

mate .. I wanna do a post about that question ... yes, you'd think that using the bubble bag/ice bag system would flush out the flavours and ALL hash I've smoked .. and thats a lot of hash, has always been rich and flavorsum .... just absorbed what eikel said tho and would have to agree, it makes sense ... much longer in water with the cure vs making hash .... its just that 2000 years ago they didnt have bubblebags but they did have excellent Hashish ... I think its Meerkat I've seen with a tag about being a bag distributor so I'm gonna PM him and ask now that I've remembered I wanted to know - I guess I can take it from what Eikel said that using bubblebags doesn't wash away the flavor.

Hey jjfto

still gonna maintain my position on this ... but, yes, you are right, first time I smoked I was expecting to get high (didnt happen tho) and yes I do want the effect ... so I'll say what I did before...sorta ... I select the smoke I buy from a look/smell assessment ... sometimes I try a smoke before I buy.. but rarely coz of the way I acquire my bud ... if I find that it didnt get me stoned as I wanted to be ... I just roll another and enjoy the flavour again .... repeat as needed until satisfied - water curing bud guarantees that I get the thc smoothly and that I may as well be smoking ... air? ... where's the pleasure ..other than in the result ... I like the journey too much

isn't it like being a caffeine addict that enjoys getting 'the hit' in Fine ground exotic coffee? Take away the exotic coffee fragrance - he still gets the hit but not the pleasure of the journey - may as well be drinking bloody tea Mate :P

:P. sure sure. OK the very 1st time you smoked. did you do it for flavor and smell? Dont kid yourself, you did it to get smashed. To get smashed you need THC, not flavor and smell.

But with time you fell in love with that sweet taste, seductive aroma. And curing vs water curing there isn't a huge THC degeneration.

It's horses for courses, some like to flush, others don't. Who's right? I don't know but i know what i like. That having been said, i hope Jifto, that you are smoking some flavourless strain that has a good kick to it, why pay for flavour if you don't want it? I hear G13 fits the bill.

So everyone can choose the method they like the best and we can all get out of our trees.

Heya Pickle .. havent seen you round for a while .. yeh mate .. thats the spirit ... liked the bit about all get out of our trees :thumbsup ... by smokin bush ::P:

Having said that I've just calculated its been 22 days or so of 12/12 in my grow and not one of my buds smells of anything yet ... well, nothing intersting anyway... I've got WW and NL growing + 2 unknowns - can't wait for the day I walk in and there's some of that fruity sticky smell I've been dreaming of :smoke

Yo Doob .. you're right .... I didnt get stoned the first couple of times I smoked but I did fall in love with that taste :reallyexcited: and smell :smoke :smoke - then I realized every different type would give a new flava experience !! fuck that got me hard!

Ok you flower for 8 weeks rite? (56 days) Gush says he flushes for two weeks. (14 days) 14/56x100=25 Gush mate, just when your plants need a feed the most to fatten up and grow to create more space for more trichomes your starving them. %25 of your flowering time is messed up.

I flower for around 9 weeks, first 7 with nutes, last two without.

The plants take about a week to show signs of deficiency, so thats around eight weeks of sustained growth.

With a water cure:

You can have your buds getting bigger with more trichomes because they aren’t being starved of nutes.

Your gear is cured and ready to smoke in about a week

no way man, the flavour has to stay. :P

Your buds are like malnutritioned Ethiopians while mine are like big fat Americans. Hows that for a metaphor Ferengi420 

Dont know about Ethiopians mate....maybe a virile Swede or something :scratchin .....I can imagine the average fat American is packed full of chemicals though :P