how do u flush out ur buds?

I have only just strted the practice of flushing this year (3 grows).

I flush in last week before chop with plain water (which is usually PH = <7.2).

I know of compost growers who don't believe in flushing, saying there's no need.

When I flush I just give it heaps of water till "run-off" is total, usually 2 - 4 lts (my pots & coco hold exactly 500ml of water/feed) so hey get a really good flush out.)

They go another 7 -10 days on residual nutes held in the Coco easlily without detremental effect.

I know of compost growers who don't believe in flushing, saying there's no need.

Its not vital, that its done just better.

Plus the guys using compost are using the compost as a fertiliser and its organic so not as critical again.

Flushing does help regardless though, to the end product.

Just because everyone else does it doesn’t mean you should too. I certainly don’t flush.

I think we all agree that what we want when we grow is lots of trichomes.

Ok you flower for 8 weeks rite? (56 days) Gush says he flushes for two weeks. (14 days) 14/56x100=25 Gush mate, just when your plants need a feed the most to fatten up and grow to create more space for more trichomes your starving them. %25 of your flowering time is messed up.

25% !!!!

Think of it like this. When you’re flowering the flowers start small and gradually get bigger. Its momentum.

Think of Bathurst when a car gets a good run out of forest elbow they get a better TOP speed down the straight. Momentum. You’re hitting the skids half way down the straight. It’s totally illogical and irrational.

Why do it? Because everyone else does?

It’s clear to me that your smoking it yourself because you are flushing in an attempt to clean up the buds so you don’t pump yourself full of shit. So weight isn’t an issue. why not forget the flush and water cure instead?

With a water cure:

You can have your buds getting bigger with more trichomes because they aren’t being starved of nutes.

Your gear is cured and ready to smoke in about a week. Forget about 1 week dry. Then 3 months cure. Your ready to go in no time. The time it takes to air dry and cure is time that the THC in your trichomes degenerates.

Fatter buds with more trichomes cured and ready to smoke in about the same time it takes just to dry them regularly. I dunno why everyone here doesn’t water cure.

:P

I dunno why everyone here doesn’t water cure.

cool.gif

coz you lose the best part ... for me ... the flavour and smell of the bud .. I got some beautiful ooking fat maincured bud recently .... and there was totally zero smell to it .. no smoking flavor either .. I immediately branded it water cured ... looked perfect otherwise .... smooth smoke yes .... but I just gotta have the flava :smoke

oh yeh another important factor .... it wasnt totally dry when I got it .. so an ounce taken out of its plastic and put in a paper bag in by cupboard overnight went from 29.2g down to 23.7g .. I reckon thats an incomplete dry afer a water cure and me no like it :P

ok guys, what about naturally grown plants in soil, where the plant gets it's nutrients from the soil, how do you flush a plant grown in soil, I mean sure don't put any ferts in the water, but the soil still has nutes in it, does that mean that you can't really flush a soil plant, or do you have to pull it out the ground and wash the soil from the roots?

Or is this really only a big deal when using hydro nutes?

And a question for you Mush about the flavour thing, as I have never smoked hash before, I can't answer it, but, wouldn't hash have the same taste as water cured? and people seem to love hash?