yellow leaves....dam it!

most bloom nutes still have a high nitrogen content
Yup, but not as high as the grow ones do. It's a tip passed along to me by a long time grower (28 years) that owns a hydro store. My sensi :bow :D A nute lockout due to PH is probably unlikely seeing as it's a pretty consistent 5.3 - 5.8, although 6 might be a bit better.

Have you changed strains? I know some strains differ from others, ie In one grow Tom and I did, the White Widow was happy with it's feeds, but the b'shen was lacking in nitrogen. They were fed from the same resevoir, and had the same conditions and PH.

@Chato: Scarid Fly/Fungus Gnat is the one pest I love to hate, especially in the warmer weather. The adult flys lay their larvae in your plants root system, when they hatch the start to feed on the root system, stripping it of the protective layer and inviting Pythium, a fungus that causes root rot, in. I've had a couple of crops turn really bad in a short space of time with fungus gnats, especially in the warmer weather. You'll know if they're around, tap your pots and you should see them fly around. Look closely around the stem and media, you can usually see them crawling in and out.

Don't leave it if you have them, your plants will die!! Get to your nearest hydro store and see what they recommend for treatment. The scarid fly drench I used to use is no longer on the market, but they've replaced it with something else.

Hit Luke Skywalker up for some info, he's got a bit of knowledge as to what you should be using :thumbsup

The scarid fly drench I used to use is no longer on the market
I have noticed it is still on the shelf in some of the stores so there must still be some available, there is a hydro store near the Fremantle end of Rockingham Rd that had about 20 bottles of it on the shelf a few months back, if you do get hold of some make sure that you flush all nutrients completely from the whole system and the pots, run the scarid fly drench in PH corrected water with no other additives and then totally flush the whole system again before running nutrients, if you don't flush properly each time you will probably kill all your plants.

One product that I have seen clear up mild infestations quite well is Dutch Master Guardian, I run it at slightly above preventative strength in every reservoir.

:D

Cheers! I'll get rid of the flies and see what happens, I didn;t have a plague of em and certainly no root rot but I'll eliminate the possibility that they're causing the prob. The system is stable and consistent and was producing well but now I can;t shake this prob. very frustrating

C

You'll notice the difference, believe me. And you don't need a plague, just a few adult flies to lay their larvae, the plague happens after your larvae hatch and grow. By then, your plants will be close to cactus :P

Your system will be much more productive once you get rid of the scarid fly, trust me :D