yellow leaves....dam it!

hey to all ozstoners...

this problems seems to hit after about 14 days of 12/12 light and gets worse fast which stunts growth, i'm growing some in perlite and some in rockwool which all are doing it. The ph is around 5.3 - 5.8, i'm using canna nutes in a run to waste setup humidity is low and temp is just right.

the problem has just started after 12 years of successful growing and has wiped out 4 harvests now, the only thing i have changed was my address. my old house was on rain water and so is this house. I have had the water tested and it is fine, i have replaced my nutes incase of a bad batch. These babies should be thriving, i have tried epsoms salt incase of a Mag deficiency and also chelated iron which nether helped.... now im lost, so all ideas would be most welcome

thanks ozstoners

regards Ripped

post-6324-1125996337_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ripped

Hey Ripped I'm having a similiar undiaganosable problem that has me going crazy too. It's only happening at one location though and water is the only different factor between places. The problem looks like a phosphorus def and i've tried many different approaches but my latest theory which i will test when i return to that locale this week is changing my ph down. Not sure if it's gone bad or is not compatitable with the bottled water and canna nutes but it's about the last thing i have to try except for changing nute brands which i dont want to do. i'm losing patietnce with that room after having good success with it. Like you the prob first occured in flower but now has continued to the clones and eventually affects other strains sharing the same tub. hope you have some success, keep me posted.

Chato

post-5655-1126065435_thumb.jpg wtf???

Yep, I'd say check your root system. Although, it sounds like they could even be lacking in Nitrogen :scratchin Have you changed nutes somewhere along the line or anything? PH could also be your problem, or it could be a combo of the above. But seeing as you're an experienced grower, you'd know if you were doing something wrong.........strange!

I've noticed scarid fly or even shore fly can do that to your girls though, have a dig around in the media and give the pots a little tap, see if there's anything hanging around, you may even have root rot.

Reading it again, it sounds more like a Nitrogen deficiency.

Nitrogen Deficiency:

Plants - stunted and yellow

Leaves - general yellowing

In younger plants, the whole plant tends to be yellow.

In older plants, the deficiency is more pronounced in the older leaves.

Flowering - may be delayed?

I do know some growers who keep their ladies on grow nutrients for a week or two when they turn over to 12/12, just to give them the added boost. Your veg nutes have a higher Nitrogen content than your flowering ones. I hope this helps!

I do know some growers who keep their ladies on grow nutrients for a week or two when they turn over to 12/12, just to give them the added boost. Your veg nutes have a higher Nitrogen content than your flowering ones. I hope this helps!

most bloom nutes still have a high nitrogen content, in most cases its a pH problem locking out another nute that causes a deficiency....

imo its probably your pH being slightly out which is locking another nute out + the girls are probably root bound....next grow, flower them a little sooner or buy bigger pots so they dont get root bound and see the results...i did that for this grow and it took 3 weeks longer than my last grow for them to start yellowing up...