Transplant troubles!

Hey all! New member here and was searching the posts but didnt see this one unless I overlooked it.

Area is 3'x4'x7' stuffed with (16) 11 inch tall already been topped plants(from seed).Soil is Jungle growth w/fert. Almost 400 cfm for vent with 400 watt HPS. (JUST switched from 400 halide Today!AND set them to 12/12) also has 2 , 400 watt red spectrum flouresants(so they say, they are bright and cooler)

They are all in 2 gallon pots and on some can see roots thru holes on bottom.(not hanging out bad) Question is will it be ok to transplant them into the 5 gallon pots soon as I see what sex they?? I can only fit 6 plants in there in 5 gallon pots...If so any way to reduce stress?

hopefully in a couple weeks some can be trashed(males) and would be nice to get 6 out of the 16

only flowering food I have is shultz super bloom,

Thanks for any tips or advice :thumbsup ps...pics coming soon :smoke

Well of course I would be gentle as one can during transplant after sex shows, Are the chances of Hermies more likley from transplant movement 2 weeks into 12/12??.....Also I notice the HPS is not as hott as the MH? Does that mean I could lower the light to 10-12 inches from tops(with fan blowing air around)?? Last Q....when should I start the super bloom? 2 days into 12/12 now!... Thanks again :thumbsup

Well of course I would be gentle as one can during transplant after sex shows, Are the chances of Hermies more likley from transplant movement 2 weeks into 12/12??.....Also I notice the HPS is not as hott as the MH? Does that mean I could lower the light to 10-12 inches from tops(with fan blowing air around)?? Last Q....when should I start the super bloom? 2 days into 12/12 now!... Thanks again  :thumbsup

Well from my little experiance I have I would presume it would be better not to transplant before the flowering cycle because no matter how you transplant its going to cause a little stress. But you do not really have a choice now so I do not think it will cuase any major damage. As for the Height I understand it to be dependant on the room temp and like you said.. the heat from the light, Trial it a bit closer with your fan on and make sure you are able to check your plants for any signs of burning. Trial and Error my friend. As for the superbloom I have not used it so I do not know.. but dident you say you were 2 weeks into 12/12 flowering?

To set the light to grow height, start at a safe distance above the plants (approx 45cm for 400w, 90cm for 600w, 120cm for 1000w), hold your hand palm down level with the top of the plant for a few minutes. If it feels too hot on the back of your hand the light is too close, if cool then it's too far away. If it's pleasantly warm and it feels as if you could hold your hand there all day then it's OK.

;)

Most ppl have there own lil way of doing things, some like starting them off in smaller pots and move up to bigger ones others will just start them off in the pot that will do the grow in from start to finish, my self i start off in rock wool and once roots start showing plant strait into the pot that i will use from start to finnish and the size of the pots i am useing are 250mm square ones what thay hold in gallons i wouldent have a clue, but i have done ok useing these pots.

You can transplant them in to bigger pots with out to much hassell it will stress them out a bit but thay will recover with a lil tlc...

Edited by ozmade

Knowing how to repot properly helps. Squeeze the edges of the pot in first all around the out side to losen the media/soil then place your palm over the soil with the stem between your fingers and turn it nearly upside down and it will pop out with almost zero damage. Never pull them by the stem.