TDS, PPM Testers

Can't calibrate the Truncheon

I prefer Oakton, more accurate can calibrate and smaller with digital displa

his EC tester comes in a rugged waterproof housing. Never worry about losing your EC tester in a pond or tank; these testers float! The Oakton EC tester low features include one point push-button calibration, range of 300 to 1990 µS and automatic temperature compensation. Includes four 1.5V batteries.
Edited by v dub

Trucheons don't need calibration.  That's one of the reasons they are the best meter on the market.

OK, well we will have to disagree on that one (calibration requirement & that trucheons are the best)

All EC meters need calibration after extended periods of use. Take ur trucheon to a shop a measure it against an EC meter with digital readout, i'm sure u'll be surprised

I have owned both BTW

Other advantages of oakton compared to trucheon:

-replaceable sensor

The truncheon sensors are not of a nature that would ever need replacing.

-higher resolution & more accurate

How high does the resolution need to be to measure EC? Do you need to know that it's 1.456284? I'm happy to know it's 1.4.

-waterproof

-temperature compensation

The blue lab is water proof and has temperature compensation.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here?

That's what I thought.  I got one and found i'd been seriously under feeding my plants by following the bottle recommendations.

I'm on my third grow and the first with a truncheon, I think my plants are a week ahead in terms of development.

Canna PK13/14 for example just cant be used anywhere near it's full potential without a good meter.

Hanky how did a truncheon help you find out you were underfeeding plants? Also can you tell us how you use it to get the full potential as you put it. If this is just your third grow it could be you're just growing better because you've got some experience not because you've been playing with a truncheon.

I see a lot of posts saying to use a truncheon but none explaining exactly how it is used to grow better than you would without one...

Edited by animal

I'm not sure what you're getting at here?

What I getting at is the OAKTON is MY preference, get it Hanky?

Do u work for Truncheon or something Hanky??????????!!?????

Also i disagree that truncheon doesn't need calibration, i have owned 1 and mine did. Actually i have had 2.

Sorry for this but the dude asked a question and in the spirit of 'good research' i thought i would give an different opinion. Easy...

Edited by v dub