IONIZER

:) this thread isnt for ozmade anymore, i bought it back from the dead cos i wanted to know about ionizers :)

So basically I'd be better spending a couple extra dollars to get a carbon filter/scrubber?

edit: Frazzle where would i find one of these replacement tubes for an ozone generator?

And ive read that they (ozone generators) can be dangerous if turned up too high or something? I'll be pretty close to my grow all the time so this could be a problem for me. Or am i confusing it with something else?

Edited by nugget23

Your not meant to be in the room or near ozone generators, they can damage your health... also carbon filters seem to be the go.. ozone generators start at $200 or something, and carbon filters are like $210-230 for the 150mm versions.. you can smell ozone a mile away too, its like a freshly cleaned room smell.. i cant describe it well :)

yeah it looks like a carbon filter will be the go for me. Now to decide whether to make one or just buy one. I saw one on ebay for 200 bucks yesterday, but arent the fans that go with them pretty expensive as well?

EDIT: well that definitely counts buying an ozone gen out. the amount of time i spend looking over my babies :)

Frazzle sorry mate, sometimes i need things spelt out to me ::):

Edited by nugget23

EDIT: well that definitely counts buying an ozone gen out.  the amount of time i spend looking over my babies :)

If you have that much dedication, id probably try make a carbon filter... I think with enough time, proper materials and everything you could make a decent 250/300mm carbon filter for under $100aud.. and thats an expensive quote. Just for ease and knowing everything isnt going to smell it might be worth paying $250 for one... but yea, at the end of the day you get a larger filter for less than half the price if you make one. I would never buy a second hand one. Also: SUCK>BLOW. Make sure its sucking air out of your room through the filter first, then the fan, not the other way around... it uses more filter area this way, think about it. I know SO many people that blow air from their rooms into a carbon filter, and will not change... Ill probably end up making my own, twenty plants in a walk in robe after six weeks is going to be a forest, and it will probably start to really stink, especially dank strains :)

Yeah Ive been looking on OG at a pretty good sounding carbon 'bucket' that I think im gonna give a go at making. The materials are pretty much all available at bunnings so one or two trips to there should sort that out. Then its only the carbon that i need to find :)

I'm growing in a wardrobe, and it has a fan sucking the air out of the wardrobe into the room. The fan is in the top left hand side of the wardrobe. So how would I do this so as it works like you say, because thinking about it now, the fan would be blowing the air from my wardrobe into the filter, and you say this isnt good.

Not that it isnt good.. if you dont have the space, then keep it out of there, theres no problem.. its just that there is more surface area when you suck in through the carbon filter.. but in theory, it does pass the exact same amount of carbon, so there is probably a massive debate thread on this at OG or CW somewhere already, the Americans love to debate shit like this and see whos got the best ideas... but yea if you dont have the room, I dont see it being much less effective (If any, I could be wrong)...