IONIZER

Hey all

I was haveing a look in ebay for an ozone gen to help with cutting out the smell from my grow and saw these.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/USB-Powered-Ionizer...1QQcmdZViewItem

My question if for the ppl out there that are useing ozone to get rid of there smell, with my setup i have a little area in the top of my wardrobe 230mmH, 500mmW by 800mmL were all my hot air is extracted to and from there i have ducting extracting the hot air out near a window,would these Ionizer's help with getting rid of some of the smell if thay are any good i would use one in the area were all the hot air is extracted to andone at the end of the ducting so do yas think it would work, all comments wanted...

WICKED... time for some research. Ill be cranking a walk in robe full of plants in a share house, but only with fluoro lights... so Ill definately need some form of minimal odour control. I bought a pump with a carbon filter in it, so hopefully that removes a bit of water odour. Ill be running an NFT setup in there just a mini one 1m long by 3/4 maybe 5x 100mm gutters wide. (Depends on how many will fit).

So far its planned on growing in a walk in robe with passive ventilation, and a large oscillating fan in the wardrobe. I got a 40cm one here which ill stick on the lowest setting. And I only have 2x 48w CF's, 1x 20w CF and a 2x36w 4' tube light.. so 188w or so, should crank plants in veg enough in that space.

Edit: They are $200 in that link? And the first one didnt even work... can you get the Arlec ones reliably in all BIG W stores SCA do you know? They seem good, run 24/7 in the room, would suit me perfectly. I guess it would probably be worth $200.. dont want to spend that much on one though.. but if it really did work properly I would.

Edited by Nath

I was going to make a thread asking the same question, if these were worth buying and if they actually reduce odour at all.  Heres a link to the one I was looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SILENT-TOWER-AIR-PU...1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone had any experience with these at all?

I really think those sort of things are for people with too much money.

You see those shows like on Bert Newton trying to sell those sorts of things :)

For that sort of money you could make yourself a freestanding carbon scrubber that would actually cleanthe air and remove odour.

Ugh I didnt realize... Im really considering sealing off the walk in robe and flowering in there with a 600w Aircooled hps.. Im sure I could make it work? Since this thread is really old, I might as well ask here... do u reckon about 20 clones flowered asap in a 1m x 1m (At least) walk in robe which is fully sealed leak enough odour out of it to people in the rooms next to it? I got two people on the second floor living with me, they are azn students so they might not even have a clue what mj is... or am i just kidding myself and should go just with vegging them?

do u reckon about 20 clones flowered asap in a 1m x 1m (At least) walk in robe which is fully sealed leak enough odour out of it to people in the rooms next to it? I got two people on the second floor living with me, they are azn students so they might not even have a clue what mj is... or am i just kidding myself and should go just with vegging them?

Depends on the strain but I would say 20 flowering plants even little ones would stink up a room pretty good :) even some strains in veg are quite stinky.

I agree with dsyfer those ionisers would not neutralise decent fart, leave alone a odourous pheno! IMO

Oz why dont you just get a re-placement tube for an ozone generater put it in a standard fluro batten(small one 60cm) and switch it on....presto you've got an o3 producer....cost about $70- for o3 tube

i feel sure one would handle most wardrobe sized grows, i use two for about 6 plants works well

make sure the generator is close to the exhaust fan and allow a few meters of ducting before the air is expelled. this allows the o3 to mix and effectively destroy the odours

:)