rockwool cubes question

I just fill a small pot with a good quality potting mix, stick a seed 5mm to 1cm down into it and moisten the soil around the seed, I start most my seeds for the hydro system this way.

im exactly the same, i wouldnt even consider sprouting seeds any other way because its piss easy for starters + you usually end up getting more sprouts than you would if you tried to sprout the seeds in a hydro medium....

once your plants are a few nodes high, take some cuttings and once they are rooted, you can grow in anything you like pretty much + it'll keep the strain alive :smoke

thanks everyone i now have a much better idea of what to do, keep it simple. i will use peat moss cubes in good soil mix that way will only have to repot once after they have been topped or tipped and ready for last growth before the flowering starts. I have found if you top or tip them in the green stage of growth ( at the right time of course)they will bush up and give you heaps more tips in the end. Took me a few times to get it right but you can clone the cuttings so you end up with heaps from a few good plants. I will still use the rockwool cubes but only for the seeds that say to use them but will half it try both of them now i understand how to use them lots better thanks again eveyone :)