I upgraded my lights.

Guest Eikel

hey cheers for info

i think my hood would fit one, but i'd feel slighty safer using the right ballast, im paranoid enough about electricity and overloading stuff,

thats better pricing than i thought,

oh one more thing, are 1000w always with a " chinaman hat" and does the globe always hang " vertical" ive always wondered why 1000w setups looked different

this place rocks

oh one more thing,  are 1000w always with a " chinaman hat" and does the globe always hang " vertical"    ive always wondered why 1000w setups looked different

Not necessairly, alot of people run 1000w globes horizontal instead of vertical.

Basically it comes down to the specs of the globe, whether it's universal, vertically or horizontally mounted - the box the globe comes in (or the guy you buy it from) will tell you.

"Chinamans hats" are generally considered the least-inneficient hood, however I use them on my 600's in my flower-box and I'm happy with the results :P

I think alot of people use them under the 1000w lights becuase the "spread" the light around 360-degrees and 1000ws will have good coverage for a higher distance than lower wattage lights.

this place rocks

Indeed it does mate, Indeed it does! ::D:

hey thanks for the concerm

i thought the same thing, this was 3yrs ago, i actually stalled settting it up for about a month, just in case,

but i have since moved,

hey anyone got some good odur control tips?

something easy+cheap

also does anyone know of those " track thingies" for lights, which move them around the room? anyone got some prices or links?

Edited by denskeone

hey anyone got some good odur control tips?

something easy+cheap

The best way to eliminate odour is with a carbon filter or ozone generator. You can pick them up second hand pretty cheap if you know where to look. Carbon filters are also easy to make, do a search on the site or google and see what you can come up with.

Otherwise, exhaust somewhere discreet (ie NOT out of your front room :D ) and make sure you stock up on incense :P