WATERING OUTDOORS

hey all

i wanna grow outdoors thio year, and i only wanna at tops check my plants once a week to top off water in my res.

ill be using prolly a 50L or 2 x 50L big buckets, which i will camo in the bushes.

i was wondering, if i get like some rubber tubing, a little grommit and a dripper ring, or one of thoes dripper stakes, does that mean that it will drip 4L an hour

only if the dripper ring dripped 4L of cause, but the one i looked at was 4L p/hour.

how much watering do outdoor plants need ?

how often will i have to fill up my buckets.

ta

im not sure how big are you going to grow them a big bush needs a lot of water but a resavore would help a lot you could pull it off im not sure about the drip method sorry someone with more expirence will have to tell yuo that but make sure you have a good grow spot other wise you will lose your plat to rippers which always sux but does the area you live in get a large amount of rain i know my outdoor plant has never needed watering but its only 3 feet tall and its also very close to a riends house so watering wouldnt be a problem ifi even had to do it tom will be on sooni think so will f420 and they would know better then i would sorry i cant be of more help

I think you can still get a terra cotta(?) spike that you stick in the soil, check the local plant nurseries for them and connect one or two of them to the reservoirs, Kmart would probably have some cheaper versions of them too. They are normally used on irrigation systems to supply water as the soil dries out.

;)

3 words - RAIN SAVER CRYSTALS

those little crystals will soak up massive amounts of water and slowly release it to the plants, apparently they last upto 5 years and every time it rains, they soak up water and continue to water the plants for you :thumbsup

just need to check on the plants once a month and possibly give them some nutes if it looks like they could use some....an old friend use to grow like that, was pulling 70 pound a crop and he was just a newbie who knew nothing about growing, but he was lucky enough to score some ok seeds and had many grow spots so he got to experiment a little and said without the rain saver crystals, growing outdoors would involve way too much work for him to bother with ;)

growing outdoors geting 70 pounds crap i hope i can say that someday soon maby next year this year i got my gps to late but next year ill already hae a few dzen places picked out gps is an amazing thing you gotta love it just hike for a hour or two in a forest and when your in the middle of no where just plot your point and put your seeds down by the way how many plants did he have

If you let those crystals dry out and they are too close to your roots they can suck the moisture out of your plants. Nurseries and gardening shops charge a fortune for them but you can get them in bulk from The Australian Mud Company they call their product Aus-plug, it comes in a 8kg bucket. They have a web site you can check out. I had some good information on preperation of your soil etc, I'll see if I can find it. Cheers Bushy

yeah wantda, great idea. rain saver crystals save me when i can't attend my summer crops. I water every 2-3 days in full sunlight, but you know, you get the odd rainy day.

so protect your babies, our harsh summers can destroy plants in a second (been there) so keep em protected at night, they don't need to be out there !!! get the bastards inside at night when its storming!

Hey allhailthebud,

I've had a bit of experience with dripper systems and such, i used to use 2 20litre drums one for water, and one for nutes, and it seemed to work pretty well, but yeh you do tend to go through the water!!!

Hey about the rain saver crystals, do you mix them with the soil or what? stupid q prob but :peace: i'm stoned! ahh

I did hav a pic on the site of one of my old set ups i'll see if i can dig it up again, cheers.