Eikel's cloning method.

Guest Eikel

cutting the leaves in half reduces transpiration from cutting the leaves, also preventing any overlap between plants, as the moisture between the two leaves is the perfect environment for fungus to live.

It's also important to note that if you don't keep the media nice and moist the cut leaves will start to bleed out plant sugars which will attract disease.

I pulled a grow last week and got huge remorse at losing a very nice indica leaning week 3 Neville's Haze. I didn't throw it away and have attempted to salvage its genes but after almost 3 days in a humidity dome it looks like it might be giving up the fight.

It was a shrivelled up mess 24 hours after the cutdown. Distiller water perked it up very slowly over 2 hours. I had to cut dry bits away and its two leaves were almost upright day 2 but today they sank further and further down.

Looks like a lost cause. If it survives I will nickname her Jesuise or something.

After assessing the situation yesterday I thought waterlogging might have been the enemy so I gave the jiffy block a squeeze knowing I might be damaging any small roots and dried out the dome.

Looks like it might have helped.

The strange thing is that I cut the 10cm seedling into two bits. It had 4 sets of true leaves. The tip I pinched off when I pulled it down to put into a usable pile (for whatever it was worth). The base with the two original true leaves was a little woodier but I didn't throw it away. I pushed it into the jiffy the plant had originally grown in.

The bit above that, the second and third set of nodes...... I cut the lower two leaves off and left half of each of the third set.

Today I see the node buds starting to grow out. Even the throwaway stump!

The thing that looks bad is a slight brown to purple discolouration of the areas near the buds but Ingave them some fresh air for a few minutes. Misted the dome and opened the air vents to it. I dipped the peat blocks briefly into Distilled water and now we'll have to see whether Jesuise will live or not.

It was a very nice indica leaning Neville's Haze so I was really upset at having cut it but who knows. It's day 5 and there's still a little hope left. Still not guaranteed by any means but there you are.

Hey Jim there is also another thread on here with a cloning tutorial but using vermiculite instead of the rock wool cubes. Was also a good read if you can find it

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Shroomys cloning in vermiculite tek

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/index.php?/topic/27484-Shroomys-cloning-in-vermiculite-tek

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

• Oz unpinned this topic