Pistals going brownish

Guest elefunk_delivers

Guest elefunk_delivers

Sup ppls first off i wanna say Merry xmas to all my new fellow ganja friends.. on this web site..

and not i have questions on my plant..

ive just turned my lights to 12/12 and ive noticed little pistals all ready showing.. this is the 2nd week on flowering and them pisltals are going brown already like they are old.. is this a problem or am i stressing for no reason.. pls note this is not all over the plants just on a few stems..

much respect

Ele :)

Hi ya elfunk, hope you and everyone else here is having a merry xmas

on to your plants.. it would seem to be a little unusual for the pistils to be turning brown so soon after turning to 12/12. Is it occuring on the nodes that are closest to your lights or randomly on the plant?

Are the plants clones that were taken from an already flowering plant? If this is the case then they may be turning brown because the plants think they are ready to go.

Also they may be burning from your light being too close to the plant.

Additionally some strains have pistils that begin to turn brown very early, as long as it's not the majority of pisitils turning brown it should be ok.

hey ele,

Could it be the plants drying out too much before next watering. I had a few sweet tooth at 14 days 12/12 and the inner nodes usually unseen until the end were all starting to brown. After two days went slightly moldy so all affected areas were removed. Just keep an eye on it cause if this is the problem, you dont want it taking hold.....stonedas

this is the 2nd week on flowering and  them pisltals are going brown already like they are old.. is this a problem or am i stressing for no reason.. pls note this is not all over the plants just on a few stems..

Hi elefunk,

Need more info, Are these the first hairs around where the stem of the leaf meets the stem of the plant?, If so, You may have no probs, Mine aint browning yet but my last ones did at that age.

As long as its not the buds showing ripening i think your ok.

Paranoid.