is re-vegging clones ok?

g'day folks :peace:

I've just recently aquired a couple of nice cuttings courtesy of my good friend. :thumbsup

Just wondering if it's alright to re-veg clones that have been taken from a mum? The clone I have isn't rooted yet I don't think (no roots protruding from the bottom)

I have them in my cab with a 400w son-t hps (It's sitting around 40-50 cm away. Is this overkill?) also how often should I foliar feed them?

The cutting is really quite splendid and I will do whatever I can to keep it alive. So any tips would be appreciated. Thx all =)

raise the light a bit, a 400watt hps is a bit extreme for unrooted clones and it might be overkill :thumbdown

there are no problems in re-vegging cuttings but to speed up the process, take all the buds off, use 24/0 of light and use very small amounts of vege nutes, i would start at about 1/5 strength and work my way up untill i have determined how much they can handle...

apart from that, just make sure the pH is in check and they should do fine, if you could put them under some fluros it might help them root faster and as the light doesnt produce much heat, you can get them very close :peace:

good luck and happy growing, btw do you know what strain your growing?

Thanks for the reply wantda B) it's been about two hours since they've been in the cab (approx) and the smaller cutting looks like it's doing ok.

But the bigger cutting is starting to wilt. I think the light may be a bit too hot?

I've tried to keep misting it (not to let it dry out too much) with demineralized water and I put a plastic bag around it too help make it more humid. I'll check back in a few hours and see if it's helping or not. If not, then I'll probably move it under a fluro. :scratchin

I think one is called 'Badass Berry' and the other is WW (if my memory serves me, which it rarely does :peace:)

I think one is called 'Badass Berry' and the other is WW (if my memory serves me, which it rarely does :P)

mmmmm badass berry sounds like it could be very nice, will have to kee us updated on its growth and give a smoke report :peace:

i would move the cuttings under the fluros and leave them there untill they are showing roots, wouldnt want them to die and under a fluro IMO is a bit safer for them at such a tender age....

also, instead of using a plastic bag, cling wrap works better but you cant beat a humidy dome B)

Yeah she was a wiltin :peace: I did wrap her up in a nice bit of cling wrap and moved her under the fluro.

This will be my first proper indoor grow so with a bit of luck... I'll be able to harvest something hahaha

Will keep ya's all posted :thumbsup thanks wantda

yup,

The badassberry is the bigger one,

The cutting is the one without roots and is Celtic stone.

Your not revegging them either, your growing them. :peace:

Revegging means cuts taken from a flowering plant, These weren't.

They were taken by a vegging mum.

:thumbsup

Celtic Stone.

BadAss is a Bubbleberry female that had an affair with a stout C4 male

PS- This was NOT organised through ozstoners, trading is strictly forbidden here.

Whoops :peace:

Not 100% on the all the terminologies as yet... but I'm sure they'll 'grow' on me :B):

Hopefully I'll gain some decent grow experience and be able to share my growin adventures with all.

Thanks for taking the time to edumacate me Ferengi.

You will probably be the first to try out some of what these baby's have to offer (if they survive my newbiness hahaha)

:thumbsup

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.