growing stealth outdoor

hey all

i want to do an outdoor grow next season, and im going to start planning now.

i want to grow thhe plants to about 30cm high in my hydro in the shed to about 30cm tall each, ill probably have 2 grows, 5 plants in each (different location for each)

can anyone recomend some stealth idea's for me ?

im going to be growing near some wetlands, but in some real dence thick bushy part.

would 2 oz per plant be pushing it ?

also, i will be bringing my own soil down there.

which would be better, growing in big pots, or the ground ?

what sort of bug killing spray stuff should i use ?

how can i make my grow area stealth ?

how long do plants usually take the flower outdoors ? and what time during summer does the sunlight change to make the plant flower ? as id rather have my plants outdoor as little time as possible, to reduce the chance of them getting pinched.

ta

ta

Edited by allhailthebud

Hi mate,

I grow outdoors and I bagged up 65oz's off 8 plants last season. I don't know what stain it is, but I guess it's a sativa that has been grown around here for a long time.

Sun and water are the main ingredients you have to worry about. Try and have it so your not leaving any tracks going into them from frequent watering. You said you would like to grow near a wetland. If there is a sunny position downhill from the water, it would be perfect. You could run poly from the water down to them and have a battery operated timer watering them daily. I live in a dry place and I was carting 600L a fortnight in the heat.

I grow in the ground and you use a shitload more water that way, but look at my yield! You want full sun so pick a clear spot in the thick bush to get the best out of them. I live at about the same level as Sydney but inland and I picked my plants around mothers day.

When your plants are small roo's and rabbits will have a chew on them if your not careful. Go to the tip and get some wire netting and run around them. Hope this helps. I put 40 odd seeds out to sprout yesterday, they won't go in the ground till september though. cheers Bushy.

but the question is? how good was the quality of the outdoor grow?

he bagged 65oz, even if the quality wasnt all that great, he could have smoked himself stupid for weeks on end lol

if you want a quality outdoor crop, start with good genetics, pick a spot with ample sun light and make sure the plants dont dry out....

would 2 oz per plant be pushing it ?

if you only got 2oz a plant outdoors you probably should bow your head in shame unless they started flowering very early on but as you intend on veging them to 30cm before you put them out, depending on what time of the year they get transplanted and wether they are in pots or soil, you should easily get 4+ ounces a plant...

also, i will be bringing my own soil down there.

which would be better, growing in big pots, or the ground ?

what sort of bug killing spray stuff should i use ?

good idea on carting your own soil in, just make sure no-one sees you carrying it into the area as the only people putting soil in the bush are pot growers :)

personally i would grow in the ground over the pot...lots of reasons why but the main 2 are yield and security...your yield would be much higher as the plants could get bigger and if you have pots out in the bush and cops come accross them, you run the chance of leaving finger prints and other evidence behind :thumbdown

i cannot stress enough how much of a cunt bugs and especially slugs and caterpillars are when it comes to growing outdoors, having said that you should really prepare the area before the plants are put in their final growing area....i would buy mass amounts of snail pellets and other general bug killers that are designed for fruits and other edibles, then i would clear ALL of the smaller weeds/plants around where you want to plant, throw heaps of the snail pellets all over the place and give the surrounding area a decent drentch with the bug killer....if you keep it up your crop should be totally fine from infestation but you'd wanna get on top of the bug problems before they get ahold of your plants :thumbdown

how can i make my grow area stealth ?

how long do plants usually take the flower outdoors ? and what time during summer does the sunlight change to make the plant flower ? as id rather have my plants outdoor as little time as possible, to reduce the chance of them getting pinched.

most outdoor crops that are located by police are found because of 2 reasons, big mouths and the plants sticking out like a green thumb in the bush :thumbdown dont tell anyone about the crop for starters and im not too sure how well this would work but if you gave the surrounding area a small feed of nutes from time to time, the colour of those plants should come close to the weed your growing, alternatively you could plant along side plants that really resemble the colour and/or shape of marijuana like bamboo or banksias...banksias dont really resemble marijuana all that well untill they flower, the leaves thin right out and stay a lush green and the flowers are exactly like mj in the sense they are a cluster of flowers and have stigmas at the end of each individual flower...if you find a banksia that really resembles the strain/s that you are growing, take cuttings and plant them all around your grow area, from the sky it should just look like a banksia plantation :P

also, carting massive amounts of water, especially during summer can be a complete bitch...you can submerge a bucket filled with rocks in a river and have it deliver your water for you via a tube leading from the bucket, i have even seen designs that have taps on the end of the tube and all the grower has to do is turn the tap to have water right at the edge of the crop :reallyexcited: you run the risk of leaving finger prints there, etc. but it would save that much time and effort once installed that it would definately be worth the risk...btw, if your wondering why there are rocks in the bucket, its mainly to keep the bucket in place but also to keep bugs and other shit from clogging up the tube :)

hope that has atleast given you a few ideas, only took 15 mins to type up lol

hey wdc,

my grow area is so hard to get to, i got lost twice just trying to find the place..

where im going, i cant grow in the ground, because its thick bush. its right smack bam in the middle of the huge wetlands bush.

Where im growing, its a mission to get to, and i have to have the plants about 3ft off the ground, and i have to cut down and clip alot of the surrounding bushes to give them maximum light.

from a distance tjheres no chance of seeing my grow spot, 100m in each direction is thick bush.

theres alot of weeds, well, there not weeds, its just some crap ass plant which is everywhere, sorta like a vine, and its very bright green.

if i grew in big pots, like real big pots, (because i plan to maybe have 15 plants there)

about the idea of a water pump, how loud are thoes ?

the water is about 100-130m away from my grow, how deep would i have to bury the pipe ?

because theres is massive swamp area (well wetlands) and its got alootta water.

it isw very muddy water though, but 100's of birds, and that go in there.

oh, which reminds me, theres sometimes birdwatchers that go out looking at birds (all old folk)

ta