Kooee tried to scam me

One day my girlfriends mother tried to call here from her boyfriends house and when we failed to pick up the phone, she didnt think anything was out of the usual until she didnt get message bank...

well a few days later after trying many times to call us, she finally came around and asked what was up with the phone, when we replied we dont use it and have no idea what your talking about she decided to call telstra and find out what the deal was...

telstra turn around and tell her that we are no longer customers with them and that we have changed providers :o she flipped and demanded that they change us back and i said to her to say that if they intend on charging us with connection fees, we'll take it up with the accc and to make matter fun for them, call today tonight and see what those people think of the situation, sadly it didnt come to that as i thought it would have been hilarious but none the less, telstra couldnt tell us who stole our service :thumbdown

today we got 2 bills from kooee in the mail, funny because i paid my internet bill with them like 3 days ago and my girlfriends mum has nothing to do with them...we find out they were the ones who changed our service over + they tried to charge me for 2 months of internet usuage when i pay for 3 months connection in advance...

after waiting on hold for about 20 mins, i finally got through to a human and got in a pretty big fight ;) i demanded to know why i have been given this bill and why our phone lines have been changed over...after about 10 mins, she relised she was useless and had to call another person to get the information she needed and told me that the bill i had just paid was for the previous 3 months... i said fuck that, i pay in advance and if your company is saying otherwise, i'll discontinue my service and get broadband with tgp...she said oh ok well i'll take another look at it and see if there is any more information. 10 mins later she finally gets back to me and says sorry about the wait, i said i was right wasn't i, she replied with yes and im sorry for saying otherwise :shy:

I then asked her about the mysterous changing of service providers, she said that since the company got sold to another company, they downloaded a list of customers, phone numbers, etc. and a few people have been mixed up in it all...i said well thats kooee's problem and we have no intention of paying the bill at all, she said thats ok because once we have confirmed the mix up, the bill will be void and payment will not be needed ;)

fuckin what an effort :angry: well worth it as it just got us out of like $170 of bills that we were expected to pay, but seriously watch out for this guys, kooee are fucked at the moment and are probably sending bills to everyone they have a contact phone number for :angry:

wanna know whats so funny about it all? my girlfriends mother claimed bankruptcy because of a bill she got from kooee, why the hell would they sign her back up ::P: :P

sorry if i went into too much detail and carried on like a whinging bitch, but i believe that this has happened to more than one person as the lady seemed to know what she was going on about at the end of the conversation and $170 of bills that were not even legit to a dole bludger like me is over 1/2 of my pay, in some cases thats more than what centrelink give out.... FUCK KOOEE :blink:

Get intouch with the office of the telecomunications ombudsman. They will sort the problem out and leave you with a big smile on your face. They ripped telstra apart when those cunts tried to bill me $7000 for exceeding my broadband limit, I ended up paying $250.

Get it in writing, these companies have a mysterious way of forgetting what they told you on the phone.

yeah thats usually the case :thumbdown if they try and get more money out of us it'll be taken alot further :blink:

Get intouch with the office of the telecomunications ombudsman. They will sort the problem out and leave you with a big smile on your face. They ripped telstra apart when those cunts tried to bill me $7000 for exceeding my broadband limit, I ended up paying $250.

fuck me thats one expensive bill ;) you must have exceeded the limit by heaps for them to think you owed them that much but no way should any bill add up to $7k, even if you were downloading movies, games and other software that takes ups gigs at a time, you still shouldnt be able to download $7k worth :scratchin

i'll be taking it to the ombudsman should another bill be sent out, but if kooee actually stand by what they told me on the phone, not only do we not have to pay them a cent, i even scored a free month of internet usuage :thumbsup

none the less, after my internet usuage runs out, im fucking kooee right off...i hate most major companies and would prefere a company like kooee over say telstra but when they illegally sign you up for their services and send out $170 worth of bills you should not have recieved in the first place, it really turns you off that company :thumbdown

telstra are cunts. I hope they all burn in hell for having the hardest, most complicated system to actually get information out of. I lost my mobile handset on new years but because i was 18 or some shit like that and i hadn't paid a bill yet they redflagged me n told me i couldn't get a new handset even thou they were now gunna put me out 700 for the old handset. Cunts...absolute cunts!

Kooee isn't as bad and it has hot chicks in its commercials...but hey if they are signing random people up for their shit they can burn in hell too ! With the exception of that hot chick.

They all screw up occasionally though, if it had been telstra though you would still been arguing with them and they would not compensate you for anything, a company that pays for its mistakes would keep me interested.

yes telstra are complete arse holes like that :thumbdown and a company that pays for its mistakes should only be expected, they seem to find it only fair we pay through the nose for their services so if they fuck up, they should be held accountable and get no credit for actually taking responsibility for their mistakes...

i intended on upgrading to broadband months ago, kooee doesnt have any plans that have interested me in the slightest and the only reason i originally signed up with them was because their 56k plans were totally unlimited...if they were to bring out an unlimited broadband plan that was as cheap as other providers, then i might consider staying with them but if it was just the same price as some other provider, i would definately change...

fuck me thats one expensive bill  :blink:  you must have exceeded the limit by heaps for them to think you owed them that much but no way should any bill add up to $7k, even if you were downloading movies, games and other software that takes ups gigs at a time, you still shouldnt be able to download $7k worth  :scratchin

I got trojaned and set up as an FTP (file transfer point). 30 to 50 gig of traffic was going thru my connection a month.

I got trojaned and set up as an FTP (file transfer point). 30 to 50 gig of traffic was going thru my connection a month.

wow thats an extreme amount of traffic, didnt you notice the drop in speed?

i have heard that it really pays to have updated protection like anti-virus, firewalls, etc. in your case it would have really paid off :blink: