A method I came up with that was virtually rip proof- Tip young'ns when there's between 4 to 8 nodes, Cover with chicken/meshed fencing wire, thread brances through as they grow. As side branches tend to grow up place another layer, secure with star pickets or deep wooden stakes, posssibly wire off onto other secure items, fence, buildings etc. Continue threading braches horizontaly, you may even require another layer of mesh, (actually the sqaured hole tough stuff is good), once budding commences, cover again with a bit of space for growth and connect all the edges creating a cage. This process keeps plants low out of sight, it's like a SOG for one big mother.

plant way off any roads around tobacco bushes for good coverage.

and as for the rippers balls being chopped off, it is the people who illegalize marijuana that cause this problem, therefore their balls should be chopped off more so than rippers (rippers should just have balls put in vice)

its a good idea in theory but it would deplete the amount of light getting to the lower buds :thumbdown

there is no fool proof way to stop rippers, they are determined fuckers and if they find a plant they cannot get the first time, they'll take a mental image and come back with what ever supplies they need :thumbdown

and as for the rippers balls being chopped off, it is the people who illegalize marijuana that cause this problem, therefore their balls should be chopped off more so than rippers (rippers should just have balls put in vice)

i agree but i think after the rippers have had their balls crushed in the vice, they should then have them cut off B)

i know what your saying, but we can look down on these people because we are intelligent/lucky enough to not be in that situation. i just think that it's sad that it HAS to happen...and if they come near my crop they might feel my shotgun bullets, B)!!

where i wrote around tobacco bushes i don't mean underneath, but i've found that in the middle of a ring of wild tobacco bushes (not sure how common this is) is a really good spot, my old spot had zero visibility and sunlight from dawn untill 1 hour before dusk, my only problem was pest control (and a bit of drought).

I wouldn't reccomend the cage idea for protecting though, it may well keep animals away (and give a SCROG type grow) but it will not stop a determined ripper, especially if the plant itself is a ripper, also if there are buds hanging out the sides of the mesh it would only be too easy to go "bud picking" and you'll have next to nothing left, too!!