need a little help

i have a problem my ph is about 8 what can i use to lower it the guy at the hydro shop said you can use vinagar or orange juice to rasie and lower i dont really ahve to cash to buy any thing also i found 3 more plants they are growing right outside my window so that brings the total up to 9 i think unless i find some more i just need to look where i throw my seeds from now on but back to the ph level can i use vinagar or not???

I have (had) been using Vinegar to lower PH, can’t tell you if its hurt my plants or not…doesn’t look like it has (growing in coco/perlite).

Buy WHITE vinegar, and a good quality one too.

I don’t know if it is a good idea to use vinegar in a hydro system, I read someplace that it was not a good idea (???)

(finally bought PH down, that stuff is strong!!!)

http://www.planetskunk.com/cannabis853.htm...047dc774d2fc54f

Other compounds which can do the job often are so weak that you use litres of it to get even a marginal change e.g. citric acids, other foods and it doesn't really help. Heaps of lemon juice will change the pH but so many compounds cause problems, like sugar feeding root disease and algae... Its all too hard.

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.