Please help.. co2 and ventilation dillema!

Hey guys,

Heres my problem - today I got some co2 enricha which is basically green powder that you add to water and it bubbles up like fucking crazy and apparently releases tons of co2 into the air... which is of course a good thing

But it releases it all over a short period, like 5 minutes, so they say in the instructions to leave all ventilation off for pretty much all day and only fully vent the air in your room 2-3 times a day, each time using another batch of co2 enricha to replenish the air

But my problem is, with my exhaust fan off, the temperatures just skyrocket... I know with lots of co2 plants can also take lots more heat but it still makes me nervous... with the fan off and the light at the same height temps rist about 10 deg to 37 degrees I think.. Haven't done any conclusive tests cause obviously I get nervous at those temperatures.... If I raise the light a few inches temps seem to stabilise at 34 degrees which is still high but not unnaceptable with co2 (I think)

BUT then I am of course raising the light which means even though i'm getting the benefits of the co2, i'm reducing the benefits of the light...

I was thinking of having the exhaust fan maybe run 15 minutes on 15 miunutes off, but then of course all the co2 would get vented out in that time...

I know if I did it all manually I could probably manage it.... raise the light, turn the fan off, use the co2 enricha then when the plants have had their share turn the fan on like half an hour later... from what I've read co2 doesn't need to be all the time to have the same benefits, a plant can 'have its fill' then do without (or back to normal levels) for half a day or a day. This is all from just reading I'm definitely not speaking from experience.

The co2 enricha supposedly has a drip kit which would be great, a constant source of co2 all day, btu the problem is every single store is out of stock of them at the moment which sux... I could use an ordinary garden dripper but I don't know at what rate the enricha dripper goes at..

Sorry for the very long winded post... does anyone have any suggestions about all this? I'm really stoked that I finally have a good source of co2 but so confused as to how to apply it... thanks guys!

Guest jjfto

co2 enricha ... :( how much you pay for that crap ?

get a teaspoon of yeast. $0.10

a cup of suguar $0.20

2ltr coke bottle full of water $0.00

mix em all together and walah ....

30cents for co2 ... will last a few days

edit: people worry about temps to much i think. my double dutch is arround 32c all day... the max is 37... look at the size of my buds :(

dont be afraid to experiment

Edited by jjfto

well dude i have been doing that for the last few weeks. I made up a brand new batch the other day, let it sit for a few hours til it was at maximum production and you know what the co2 levels were? 500ppm, i measured it.

With the co2 enricha you can have what ever level you want, they even tell you how to calculate your room size to dosage size so you can get exactly 1500ppm or whatever level you desire....

I know yeast/sugar makes co2 but not much... plus it stinks so i think i'll stick with the co2 enricha for the moment

"dont be afraid to experiment"

":( how much you pay for that crap ?"

Have you ever used it? experimented with it? kind of contradictory statements don't you think?

Guest jjfto

:( ok man. not taken the mick or anything. just tryen to help get u fat buds for cheap. :smoke

well dude i have been doing that for the last few weeks. I made up a brand new batch the other day, let it sit for a few hours til it was at maximum production and you know what the co2 levels were? 500ppm, i measured it.

numerous possible reasons for this. the temp of the water, the type of yeast, grow room size, co2 is heavy so it drops when you measure, comination of all above, etc etc

i get 1000+ for the whole 12 hours of the cycle with just one mix

so yeah dont be afraid to experiment

With the co2 enricha you can have what ever level you want, they even tell you how to calculate your room size to dosage size so you can get exactly 1500ppm or whatever level you desire....

you can do exacly the same with yeast and sugar with a lil experimentation only it doesnt cost $30+ for a pack. :whistling

I know yeast/sugar makes co2 but not much... plus it stinks so i think i'll stick with the co2 enricha for the moment

yeast/sugar makes plenty of co2. yeah it can stink allrite. depends on the type of yeast as to the type of smell ya get, experiment. i have good odor control, cant smell a thing.

Have you ever used it? experimented with it? kind of contradictory statements don't you think?

nup never used it. never experimented with it. i dont need to spend $30+ plus another possible $15+ for a drip kit on a product i dont need and dont want.

you said it yourself. it doesnt do what you need. temps etc etc. so why waste $30+ on the crap ?????

they say in the instructions to leave all ventilation off for pretty much all day and only fully vent the air in your room 2-3 times a day, each time using another batch of co2 enricha to replenish the air

they saw you coming a mile away :(

does anyone have any suggestions about all this? I'm really stoked that I finally have a good source of co2 but so confused as to how to apply it... thanks guys!

you allready had a good cheap sourse of co2. you just didnt have it tweaked to your needs. $0.30 or $30.00 ... i know which one i will pick! lol

i gave u my suggestion bro. good luck with ur grow and all. this is all i have to say on this subject :smoke

Ok look at it this way - with the co2 enricha I can get exactly the level I want without measuring it, by following the instructions. With the yeast/sugar method you have to measure it, and at $10 per measurement then its more expensive that the enricha isn't it?

Whats the method you use to measure co2?

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.