Cheap co2 test?

those "tubes" your talkign about are the cheapest option for you unless you know chemistry , and are farmilier with different recting agents and what gasses they react with my sugestion is just to use the tubes though

10 bux each is a bit steep I bought a pack of 4 from bunnings for 10 bux :(

I can understand that you want to read the CO2 level but to avoid the expensive cost of measuring the levels. I use to use those glass tubes that you break at the tip of glass and found that was the cheapest way. But in the long run if your serious you can invest in a electronic one but that is quite expensive and you would have to have a ACE set up in the 1st place to consider that. Ultimately marijuana is quite a hardy plant and if you can enter and leave the room without loosing consciousnes than it's generally within the acceptable parts per million. You can generally estimate how much C02 is released but I don't know your room size or system of application. If you have just installed a CO2 device and want to measure the reading for the 1st setting than that is fine and if you have a automatic system that releases the CO2 on regular intervals than just take 1 or 2 readings than that should be fine. However it becomes to expensive for constant readings. My advice really is just to take the initial measurement and if that is accetable than you should be fine with that crop(but only if all setting are kept automated on timers for consistency i.e exhasust fans, release of CO2, air fans-just like your lights...?!) Hope that helps :thumbsup

Becareful before you decide to buy the 4th item listed on that site v dub !. Maybe you didn't know but that kit with the two glasss test tubes and syringe can only be used twice-hence that why you only get two tubes. The syringe is only used for sucking in the C02. Once brocken the test tubes cannot be reused and are thrown away. At that price on the web-$34.95 and whatever postage they charge it will end up at around $20 a test ! I think that was what 'instink' was trying to avoid in the 1st place-and he was paying $10 for a packet of four! Remember as well that its glass and what happens if it arrives damaged from overseas..??.

The eletronic solution I mentioned in mt previous post on this topic is the only way that you can constantly read the C02-but that's costly as I mentioned before and the last item on that page for $700 is the only way you can repeatedly measure the levels ! B)

$20 a test ! I think that  was what 'instink' was trying to avoid in the 1st place-and he was paying $10 for a packet of four! Remember as well that its glass and what happens if it arrives damaged from overseas..??.

The eletronic solution I mentioned in mt previous post on this topic is the only way that you can constantly read the C02-but that's costly as I mentioned before and the last item on that page for $700 is the only way you can repeatedly measure the levels !  B)

93232[/snapback]

sorry, didn't read that your only paying $10 atm. Anywyas that price is good IMO, why would u fork out $700?? How often do u need to test?? Once setup i thought occasional testing would be fine.

I get my free co2 test tubes from a coal mining friend, they use them to test the co2 emissions from diesel machinery underground....he sez they are lying around everywhere.

He also pinched the gadget that sucks the air through them and gave it to me for a carton of piss. :thumbsup

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.