spots and burns

g'day mate,

you will find that the lower leaves will expell themselves first if the plant carnt get enougth nutes, to try and put more good into the new growth.

This can be caused by lots of things. i will list a few reasons

1) wrong ph - plant carnt uptake nutrients

2)nutes are worn out - infrequent water changes - 2 weeks vegie - 1 week flore. Top up nutes and water everyday to keep at same EC.

3)Root rot - this can be caused by a number of things from overwatering, no oxygen, fungas, pests ie scraid fly, water res temo hi/low

4)Flushing plants with clean water for to long repeatly

5)Taking huge amounts of cuttings of the main stem, can also cause the lower fan leaves to drop

6)End of flore cycle - but this is pretty normal for yellow leaves

Normaly allso when the bottom fan leaves are dropping you will find that the steams of the plant are a little soft and have purple streaks.

First thing to do is have a look at your roots and see what colour they are and if there is any rot. They should be a ivory white colour with no rotting smell.

If there is rot starting tell me and ill show ya what to do.

Jack

PS - if your using Canna nutes they are first class products. Its not the nutes that is the problem. It must be something you are doing mate. Please tell me some more about your system.

Edited by jackfrost