Please help with FIM'ing

Hey guys. I was reading on overgrow about the FIM technique, to make the main growth shoot split into many, rather than just 2 as with topping

But I’m still all kinds of confused as to where to cut. I’ve taken a nice close up of my plant and if someone could tell me where to cut or put a mark in the picture and post it back or something I’d really appreciate it… I’m probably just stupid but the pictures at overgrow just didn’t help… thanks!!

post-5372-1111887445.jpg

I can take a better pic from a different angle or closer up if need be

Edited by instink

Guest Eikel

Hi Instink,

I'll try to help out, although I'm new to FIMing myself - still waiting to see the results from doing it to my girl.

From your pic it's hard to point out where to FIM, the idea is you cut around the centre of the growth-tip at a low level to it's sprouted growth.

Topping you'd take the entire grow tip off, FIMming you just snip the little bit in the middle of the 2 youngest leaves currently sprouting, here's what I did:

1. Peel back the young leaves on the growth tip until you get to the tiny little nub on the top that will become the next set of leaves.

2. Make a curved incision around the little nub just removing the tip, making sure you don't clip any of the new growth still close to the tip of the stem.

3. Sit back and wait.

Now, as always - take my advice lightly as I'm a newbie myself but this is what I did to my own plants. (Someone with more experience wanna tell myself and Instink if this is correct?)

bang on eikel ....... and i'm stoned ::rolleyes::

yea get that little growth tip in between your thumb and your forefinger and look at it ....... it looks like a little tree shape ? don't it maybe christmas tree shape ...... yea . well half it there in a sort of semi- circular cut . mmmmmm ' sounds hard hey , i just nip it half way with my thumb nail ..... easy :reallyexcited:

Guest Eikel
yea . well half it there in a sort of semi- circular cut . mmmmmm ' sounds hard hey , i just nip it half way with my thumb nail ..... easy  :reallyexcited:

Hehe, I also used my fingernails, just didn't mention it incase someone told me that I really should've used a sterile razor or something :rolleyes:

Guest jjfto

yeah it had me stumped the 1st time i looked at it aswell. though on closer inpection i noticed that it is showing you where to fim or top or two seperate shoots :rolleyes:

you see the middle large shoot and it has two little shoots either side. its showing you where to cut the right one with the bottom two lines and the middle one with the top two lines :smoke

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.