How do i know when my Bubbleberry is ready ?

Hi there......

One of my plants is a buubleberry whcih is well into flowering at i guess it will be ready in another 2 weeks maximum before its ready.....

The crowns are around 8 inches long and nearly as thich as a coke can.

on the 8 inch crowns the top inch of them are a dark purple colour but the the rest of the way down the hairs are still white, they arent turning brown....... even the top of the crowns where they are purple the hairs arent turning brown....theres a couple of brown hairs but not many

So im wondering how to know when this variety is ready.......

i was reading that you should wait until about 75 -80 % of the hairs have changed from white to brown they are ready........

but maybe this variety the hairs arent going to turn brown as they look nearly ready to me

Any ideas ?

also, how long do you flush for and what exactly does that entail ?

give them heaps of water everyday even if the soil is already really wet ?

wont this cause root rot ?

thanks jason

White is the sign of unmatured hairs, all cannabis hairs change pigment slightly from that white unmatured colour ,sometimes it isn't brown at all though

if you want a sure sign , get a magnifing glass and check the thrichs instead of the hairs it is a far better method anyway , if you need instruction on what to look for just let us know :rolleyes:

just do what pure said, have a real close look at the resin and if its gones from a clear to a milky-amber colour, then its time to harvest :thumbsup

alternatively, if u like a more up, racey kinda high, u could harvest now but u would lose out on a few grams :thumbdown

with all the rain thats due soon (dunno if ur in oz and if u are where abouts but on the east coast we are due for major rain) u might have to wait untill u have 2 or 3 days of full sun to make sure mold doesnt get the chance to start growing, dont want yukky mold wrecking a fine strain like blueberry *drools*

dont spose u have any pics?

rom a clear to a milky-amber colour, then its time to harvest thumbup.gif

yup, but dont let it go too amber, and be aware that the light changes the appearance of the trichomes.

amber is the THC starting to breakdown.

I like mine harvest at milky amber though, its more of a heavy stone than a HAHA stone.

also, how long do you flush for and what exactly does that entail ?

give them heaps of water everyday even if the soil is already really wet ?

wont this cause root rot ?

Flushing is more important when you use mineral fertilisers in hydro etc.

but i still flush the outdoors plants when possible, The way to do this is to put through 3 times the amount of water than what the pot itself would hold.

Eg if a pot holds 4 litres of water then put 8 litres through the pots. then water as per normal for two weeks before you harvest but only use FRESH water, do not add anything to it like ferts etc.