LIGHTiNg QuEStioNs

Hi guys, I have a small grow area of about 2' x 3' and about 6' high(small time), that I am looking to setup with one maybe two plants.

I decided that a 250w would be plenty? and am getting the funds together to buy the lighting setup.

Today I came across a osram 200w (clear) bulb that has a standard bc fitting, and am wondering if this would be any use. It is basically a larger (industrial) scale version of a normal light bulb (6" long, about 3" round at its biggest). I am not sure what type of light it throws untill tomorrow when I give it a run.

Any experience with this type? or should I persevere and wait to get the 250w setup. It has a universal bulb that gives both blue and red (apparently).

If you cant tell, I am trying to do this on the cheap ( aren't we all!) and also on the sly from the other half.

Any advice much appreciated.

cool, thanks for the link box. Funny enough, my project is also an old fridge. So if you guys reckon go the 400w then thats what I will do, will just take a little longer thats all....but hey, I am in no hurry!

Where on ebay did you get the light setup? Was it 2nd hand? and also what type (MH / HPS)?

I was invlolved in a medium size grow about 7 years ago, but my electrician mate took care of the lighting side of things, but I dont seem to remember changing bulbs / ballast halfway through for the different light. Will either be ok from start to finish?

A lot of smoke has passed through my billy since then !

Thanks again