Compact fluro's for growing clones

Well guys I've been reading heaps and today I went out and finally bought the first materials to start growing... yay i'm so excited.

I picked up a 20W "Warm White" little fluro from aldi... Will that be enough to get my clones started, and if so, for how long?

From whatI've read the basic idea is to make a humidity chamber, leave them in there to root for about 2 weeks under a weak light, then they go under the HID's... currect?

Thanks guys!

hey bro,

check out the kelvin rating of the fluro to be sure

warm = 2700 or 3700

cool = 6700

blue = 14000 or 20000

Have used the 6700 and 14000 with great success - your better off going to a pet shop or hydro shop to buy your tube as they will have slightly different specturm range on there bulb even with the same kelvin, for better results for growing plants or corals.

Will be doing a experiment with a 20000K compact fluro 2 see if that spectrum makes cutts root quicker.

Jack

I am pretty sure the blue one he is talking abotu is 130watt and considerably more expencive

definatly has it's place and if you don't mind a bit of an investment they are a great option but it's probably not what your looking for this time

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.