WHAT SEEDS TO BUY???

Hi all,

I live in a dry area(average rainfall of 24") about level with Sydney looking at a map. I want to buy some good seeds, but don't want to waste my time or money on something that isn't going to perform. In perform I mean yeild well and smoke well, but nothing super. I know I have a fair bit to do with that, feeding them right etc. I have some nice plants now, the best 7ft bent over but I have no idea how they are going to smoke up! Outdoors I only get 1 season so I'll probably lose her, and I want something good for next year. Any well informed information would be great. Thanks :scratchin

G'day mate and welcome to ozstoners,

although i dont have a lot to do with outdoor grows - I have seen some huge outdoor plants before.

The plant was TNR by KC brains - the guy who grow them said he had to sprout about 50 seeds and he found about 5 plants that had a trait that made them grow massive - I mean about 4 to 5 meters high in one season, and about 3 meters across aways.

Each branch of this beast had over 1 elbow on it and there were branches everywhere.

He also said the other plants only grew to about 2 -3 meters high, with much reduced yeild.

The smoke was still OK. Not knock you on ya asre hydro - but still would pass as hydro bud to most eyes.

He ended up taking cuttings off the biggest plant and is using that as a MUM.

The yeild was 12elbows + off one plant - but much care was needed as the size off the buds were very mould prone and needed alot of water at roots to feed that size plant.

The bottom of the plant was about 8inches across

I used to crackup when he took his power saw with him and a small truck just to go and get one plant.

It was the most beautiful sight ive ever seen - when you grow indoors and the biggest plant in only 2m high.

The climate that it grew in was northern NSW.

Maybe send Kc Brains a email and ask him about this massive tree trait.

Hope this helps

Jack.

you wont be able to buy directly off kc brains but would have to use a seeds seller like seedsdirect or heavenstairway

As I said have never seen any plant as big as TNR but ive also heard a few not so good reports about it aswell. I think you would have to grow out heaps of seeds to find that perfect mum.

ive also seen mango by kc brains grown outdoor that were pretty good aswell.

I would personally like to grow some pure sativa plants outdoors like Jake Herner or a pure haze type of strain.

Jack

Haze

19 Feb 05

Dubi Hi BlazingPheonixFire!

Timanfaya Haze and Timanfaya Devil were bred mixing a very vigorous and high yielding cape verde/mali line

with a fast flowering highland nepalese. Each Timanfaya version were inbred with a different percentage of nepalese.

It's a very high yielding, vigorous, powerful and tasty uniform sativa.

The breeder choosed Timanfaya name because they were bred in this natural park in the Canary islands and Haze because the hazy incense aroma of the timanfaya haze when you burn her that comes from the mix of the african and nepalese aromas .

But there are no haze parents in this strain.

I hope it helps. dubi

from potopia ......

Hi all,

Thanks again, I looked up Timanfaya but couldn't find anything on it. I was looking in the wrong place obviously. But from the replys I'm getting sativa's are the way to go.

On another subject, I filled my water tanks on Friday night(5 days ago) and my 10 plants were starting to flower. Yesterday I went up to check them and I found a hermo in each plot(2 plots near each other) If I had of left it much longer I would have been stuffed. You can't be to carefull and it doesn't take long for them to turn.

Thanks Bushy. :thumbsup

But from the replys I'm getting sativa's are the way to go

yup, thats something we all agree on B).

Sativas are suited for outdoors growing.

for where to get them from, it doesnt matter about bringing them in to AU. as they normally dont get picked up.

I have recieved seeds from many places outside of AU.

Try-

Xpat Seeds, Cannabis Pro, Planet Skunk

for good suppliers.

:thumbsup