Nutrients for soil. How long till I can start?

Slotty2

Hey all!

So my babies have popped! My plan is to start them off at 1/4 strength organic nutrients and then go 1/2 and then full strength over a period of weeks.

They will be grown in a premium potting mix outdoors.

When I say 1/4 strength I mean 1/4 of whatever the product recommends for its dilution...

Thanks all for your help! lol

Edited by Rufes1

Hi Rufes,

For my babies I didn't fertilize for the first 5 days after the sprouted.

After this I started with nutes at 1/6th strength, I'm using Dutch Master Advanced A+B.

If you really want to start feeding them I reccommend foliar-feeding initially (using a water-sprayer to spray them lightly with nutes) - my plants seem to love this.

The above method worked for me, but remember I'm still a newbie so I may not be providing the best advice (the blind leading the blind?) lol

-- Eikel.

they grow like fuck when you starve them first off, in my experience

thats spot on there, the plants will grow faster with less nutes. infact something I do if I get a sativa dom plant is to have the nutes as high as they can go without burning them.

it slows them down and shortens the internodes.

So less feed equals faster growth, more feed is slower growth but higher yeilds.

its osmosis at work,

Im the same when I grow in soil, I dont feed them until the plants just start to show nutrient deficiencies. then I start on 1/4 feeds.

alot of potting mixes etc have enough nutrients in them to last 6 to 8 months. so you may never need to feed them nutes.

I would however buy some seasol and use that on the plants starting at 1/4 strenght.

its a booster kinda like superthrive etc but organic.

the same mob makes ferts too called power feed, but ive generally just used fish emulsion and blood and bone.

:thumbsup

Ahhh miracle grow...

hmmm

On another note, just transplanted them across and they seem to be liking their new location!

Im watering them 6L per day at the moment, and will change to 9L per 2 days once they have settled more. The 200L of potting mix I have put there really seems to hold the moisture well.

I have never personally grown weed outdoors, but I allways grow alot of vegies outdoors.

The trick to growing vegis in dirt my option is 2 have a shitload of good compost made up full up with worms - put everthing into it , carboard,paper, food scraps, grass clipings, old vegies, cow shit, horse shit, seeweed and turn it over every few days - after a few months this the best material to grow in, full up with worms and worm castings

Work up your ground adding perlite/vermiculite if need. Dig your bed about 300mm deep and test the ph and ajust if required.

Dig all the dirt out of the bed and put about a 4inch layer of luccin hay down over bed, and water it in.

Mix the same amount of compost with the dirt together, and put dirt/compost mixture back into bed.

Now your ready to plant anything - the ground does not need any chems at all, and it will grow like a mother fucker.

I allways rotate my leaf and root type vegies on each bed.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to grow outdoors.

Jack.