My best butter recipe yet...

Hey There,

Been hangin' around as a guest for a while, thought I'd post my recipe for bud-butter that I've been perfecting for a few years. It's very similar to others you may find but with a few little things that seem to be very important...

Firstly, how much greenery to use? I use approx. 1 Oz of buds per 250 gr of butter (or if you're using leaf/shake, twice as much) ... this is certainly a matter of personal choice.

Now before you do anythin else, you wanna make sure the herb is REALLY dry! How dry exactly? Well, it should crumble easily into powder when you press it. Way too dry for smoking I know, but trust me this makes a difference.

If your buds aren't this dry I recommend putting them (unground) on a baking tray, then into an oven which is OFF but which has warmed up a bit. You don't want it too hot... THC boils (and hence, escapes) at about 105 degress C. You don't want it to get near this temperature! Generally, the slower the buds are dried the better... be patient.

Once you have brittle dry material grind it up and remove the stems (if they don't turn to powder also)

Now put your butter in a saucepan with the herb and cover with COLD water.

Put on low heat and stir the mixture so that all the herb is wet. Keep stirring until it starts to simmer.

Now continue to stir occasionally while the mixture simmers for about 30 mins if you plan to leave the material in there or 120 mins if you plan to strain out the plant matter. (I personally like to leave the plant in there as most of the taste goes into the water, not the butter. Also, then you know you're not chucking out the good stuff.)

Make sure there is plenty of water all the time it is simmering. (This keeps the temperature lower)

Remove from heat and let cool for 30 mins or so. Pour mixture into some sort of container or bowl (and strain it if you want - squeezing the juice outta the herb).

Put it in the fridge overnight, or for at least 4 hours.

The butter will set on top and the water will just be cold at the bottom. Remove the butter and store in the fridge or freezer for later use.

As green and cloudy as the water may be, there's very little worth saving in it. Tip it down the sink. As a side note, there's always some herb that sinks to the bottom - I like to strain this out and chuck it in with the butter, though whether this does anything is debatable.

Hope you like my recipe - it sure works good for me! lol