HELP PLEASE

JBlaze

post-5301-1108832417_thumb.jpgI'm afraid that I know the answer to this question but I'm not sure... Are these growing wrong?? I mean they are growing very tall, very fast, but are skinny, skimpy, and very thin and delicate. When should I start the lights on plants and how much. I'm really only wanting to do 2 or 3 plants with 2 stems per plant. I'm very new to this... I just really need to know about the light cause I think that is my problem. Do they need light through the whole germination, if so what kind of light. If not then when Is light needed? Need lots of help... thanks so much.

JBlaze

Are these growing wrong??

They are growing according to their given conditions.

When should I start the lights on plants and how much.

Before they emerge, and as much as you can give them. Both intensity and duration are important.

I'm really only wanting to do 2 or 3 plants with 2 stems per plant.

?

Do they need light through the whole germination,

Absolutely imperitive from the time sprout breaks thru medium.

if so what kind of light.

The sun is the best, but anything that vaguely resembles a similar spectrum range will suffice. Read the numerous threads on this subject.