DAGGA?

Ok having a chat on another site, but the topic is DAGGA.

I know jack shit about this and the internet is just confussing the matter :).

DAGGA- Another name for cannabis sativa.

Dagga- A member of the min family that is a substitute for cannabis.

Which is correct?? :scratchin

I found this one funny description, So at least I know why I like KFC so much now ::P:

2. dagga

pot, cannibis, weed, marajuana, the magical herb, god's gift to earth, the 11th ingridient in KFC. used as a term for pot in africa, literally "holy smokes" in afrikaans.

It is smoked as a cannabis substitute in Africa. Leonotis leonurus is also known as 'Wild Dagga' , or 'Lion's Ear', or 'Lion's tail'.

Derivation of Name : Leonotis = from the Greek leon meaning lion and otis meaning ear, alluding to the resemblance of the corolla to a lion's ear. leonurus = lion-coloured.

The wild dagga is a robust shrub which grows up to 2-3m tall and 1.5m wide. It is common and widespread throughout South Africa and grows amongst rocks in grassland.

Stems are velvety and woody at the base. The leaves are long, narrow, rough above, velvety below, with serrate edges. The wild dagga flowers profusely in autumn with its characteristic bright orange flowers carried in compact clusters in whorls along the flower stalk. Apricot and creamy white flowered forms are also found.

This is an excellent plant for attracting wildlife to your garden as the flowers profuse copious nectar which attracts birds, bees and butterflies. The wild dagga is fast growing and is frost hardy. It should be well watered in summer but does not require much water in the winter months. It is very easy to grow but will do best in well drained loamy soils with plenty of compost added. Plants should be cut right back at the end of winter. Propagate from seed, cuttings or by dividing up large clumps.

The wild dagga is widely used in traditional medicine to treat fevers, headaches, coughs, dysentery and many other conditions. It is also used as a remedy for snake bite and as a charm to keep snakes away.

http://www.plantzafrica.com/plantklm/plimagesklm/leonotisorange.jpg

Is it illegal here in Oz?

Don't quote me on this Chev, but I think it is legal in every aspect. It may however be listed on the unwanted weed species list, which covers nearly everything not native to Australia.

I've got seeds for this species if you want a few 'ornamentals' growing around your letterbox. :)

Guest NEUROTOXIN
I tried it and don't rate it, smoking that is, Its harsh AS, maybe could be improved wiyh different dryin methods.The flowers I picked out seemed to smoke up not to bad. But still Prefer Pot or sage extract.