question about types of fluoros

I had 2no 20W compact fluoros in each of my cupboards and decided to add an extra one, but I bought a different type, it was a 18W General Electric brand. The 20W ones say they are "natural White" and give off a very white light. However the ones I just bought give off a much more yellow/orange coloured light, and the packet doesn't give any clues about what type of light it is.

anyone know whether there is much difference or which type is better?

Does anyone know if compact fluoros come in the same spectrum as the grolux horizontals?.

No they dont , may I suggest 18watt tri-phospour tubes, they put out about a third more lumens 4 same power :P

p.s. they are about $3 ea and fit in a standard 18w fluro fitting :P

they are the right spectrum 4 veging (cloning), as have the cool whites, the warm whites hav more red in spectrum, supplement heading cycle. :o

g'day; there are only 3 types of fluoro worth using.....cool white, warm white, or grolux full-spectrum, grolux is used for fish tanks. grolux is better than other 2 fluoro for indoor growing.

not really mate, cool white or warm white or a mixture of same, the gro-lux "full spectrum" is 2 far at blue end an best left with the fishes i think. :mellow:

The best tube by far is the tri-phospour, a third more lumens than the other 3 for same watts (power) :o

cheers beers an cones 4 xmas

Mozz :P

g'day; i never heard of tri-phosphor. of course a combination is good too, grolux is perfect for indoor growing,especially shelf grow, it is only used for fishes so plants survive better,you can also flower with grolux fluoro.i've used cool.warm,grolux and combo of all, grolux is best in my opinion.i only use fluoro for seedlings and clones, i use 400MH for mothers and 600HPS for flower.