nutrients, deficiencies and pics to go with...

while surfing the net today, i found a page that had pics and descriptions of most of the major nutrient problems us growers face...would be a crime not to share the link so have a look Click Here

IMO ozstoners should make something like that thread or pin this topic as it will sure as hell help alot pf people on these forums :thumbsup

some good links there ferengi :thumbsup

i was bout to suggest the same thing afew week ago, i think it would be a great idea to put together a thread on plant problems and have a search function ( e.g. if you type in yellow leaves it shows all the symptoms that involve yellow leaves with pictures of course ) what do u all think ???

i think it would be a great thread :thumbsup i might actually put together a massive thread like that myself...will see how things go B)

Good link there mate. :devilred:

Would love to see ya make a post like that, it would be even better if some of our more space-rich members could make up a fertiliser with single elements either missing, or greatly overdosed, and then grow a pair of clones, one in the altered nutes, one in "normal" ranges, and see what happens.

Canna put out a whole series of "info-courier" pieces on nutrient deficiencies too, some great information there. Check out canna.com for that one. B)

But yeah, good link there mate. lol

luke i reckon u, tom and stonedas should do it, the 3 of u fully know what you are on about and i know u guys would be able to make it really good :thumbsup

me on the other hand know nothing and am a newbie to growing :devilred: guys like me rely on the knowledge u top growers have to help us out B)

could just take the lazy way out and link the pics, copy the text and make the same thread on ozstoners lol

Edited by wantdachronic

Hey Bro,

my view on these type of problems is that 95% of the time its the PH of the nutrient that is causing the lockout of nutrient uptake.

Most of the 2 or 3 part nutes these days that are designed for hydroponics are pretty good.

If you use raintank or RO water or your water is really shit in your area you will need a PH pen to ajust your PH of your nutrient.

The reason is because the nutrients these days have PH buffers in them to suit most town water supplies. ie - if you use rainwater in Gen hydro nutes for the grow cycle then the buffer will kick the PH way to low . at about 4.8 - instead of 6.2 for town supply.

Also have seen really bad town suppies out west NSW before - you will have to adjust.

I recken for $80 dollars its a good investment to get a PH Pen.

Grow = ph 6.2

flore = ph 5.5

have seen the link before - hopefully you will never need to use it

Jack

Hey bro,

not trying to take the wind out of your sails. Im just saying that these days you should not be having problems like that.

I remember in the not so long distant past - a old mate used to mix up all his own hydroponic nutrients - the problems were as long as those pics, every possible drama with nutrient deficiency he had till he got the mixture right. These days all that can be avoided by using a good nutrient like canna or genhydro.

If you follow the instructions on the bottle - you will NOT have those problems, like the old growers had mixing there own nutes.

The only time someone will want to add a single chem to their mix is when a really ADVANCED grower who wants to tweak there particular genetic strian which might need slighly more of one type of chemical (canna makes each of different chems in seperate bottles). And im sure not many newbies will be doing that, especially these days when 2or3 part premixed hydroponic nutrients are the norm.

But the article is a good read for those who like to study growing weed and put away for referance- but unless you plan on mixing your own nutes or like using totally shit nutrients (like organic high metal shit), you want have to ever refer to it.

Jack