600W globe in 400W balast ??

Hey all , just got a HPS light an balast off a friend for a while, and when i got home and looked closely i noticed theres a 600w globe in there ?!

I swithed it on , for curiositys sake, and it fired up ok, but im not gonna use it till i find out more....

My buddys quite a grower so is it possible he moddifed the ballast to run the 600w?

Or is the globe just running with the 400w its supplied with ? ie not its fullest rating?

Can i run it ? Basically thats all i wana know :P

Either that or he jus gave me the wrong stuff!!

Peace

Um,if it is only a 400watt rated ballast,USE a 400 watt globe ! :P

I have got the feeling that the 600 would create too much heat,and your house may go up in flame's. :P

AND that is not so good ! :reallyexcited:

Anyway's,i would use what was recommended or up-grade to the correct ballast. :P

Oh yeah,Hapy New Year to all the member's here ! :P

Im just borring it from a friend since he aint using it, and i remeber telling me he had a 600w an 400w and when he got em he grabbed the right balast and wrong globe, i rang him up and all is cool, he too reckomended i dun plug it in yet :P Hes only used the globe once so he reckons itl have alittle life in it yet... when i get the right one....

Peace

Edited by Flange