johnny howard

just before xmas, not sure of the date but on sky news johnny howard stated that he hated the national anthem that is going to be played at darling habour new years eve....

he said it was un-australian (being a techno version people could dance to) and that even at sporting events he gets all shitty because it isnt sung correctly....

whats the right way to sing it u may ask :scratchin according to our PM its by having a military band playing as they march along while everyone around sings along with a hand on their heart :)

now who can remember the historic videos of hitler??? he had his military playing and pretty much forced the hands on the heart and every1 to sing along....looks like we are in for a PM who has hitler in his eyes lol

do u personally want a PM who thinks the national anthem should only by sung when a military band is playing the music? could u imagine the olympics if it was put into place that a military band had to play the anthem? we would be classed as wanting to start wars even more than the usa :thumbdown

personally i think howard is a childish little brat with too much time on his hands if he wants to bitch about the person next to him not singing at the footy and labeling them unpatriotic because of it.....

now do we want a PM who gets pooey at sporting events because someone didnt sing along :rolleyes: lol

Ok...... I can understand why he'd be shitty, but that's coming from someone who absolutley HATES techno music and is extremely patriotic (shoot the bastards that fool with the anthem lol ) so I guess I'm bias. But then, I hate John Howard and I'm missing out on a prime oppurtunity to bag the son-of-a-bitch......... :scratchin Now I'm confused lol ::rolleyes::

Anyway, give me Bob Brown or Mark Latham for PM anyday instead of fucking old chrome dome mr sheen :whistling

Little Mr Sheen is one of the few people in Australia that would actually know all the words to the anthem so if making it techno gets more people to learn the words then he should be happy, I also agree that techno is total and utter crap so maybe they should come out with a rock version and get AC/DC to preform it. :thumbsup

:rolleyes:

I don't particularly want to speak for the PM, but one would assume that his referral to the use of a military band, was probably more intended as an example of a traditional type of brass band that has persisted through the centuries, with it's traditions, just as a lot of people would like to see a national anthem persist, with its conventions, through the centuries, and to be held strong as a national institution.

That's what I gained from the PM's comment. I couldn't say that I disagreed with it.

Just like I would with any PM, I have my agreeances and disagreeances with John Howard.

99% of techno music is rubbish IMO....

if johnny meant a brass band i dont think he would have said military band :scratchin

im all for the rock version tho :;):

Forgive me if i'm wrong but wasn't it the liberals under john howard who changed the words to the national anthem?

they changed the anthem lol didnt know that but then again i havent sung it since i was in year 6 at school :rolleyes:

i cant even remember the first line of the anthem :) thats sad lol