12 hour flowering

Anything over ~16 hours of light is going to reveg it (and if its not stable youll get hermies if you change the light cycle). Anything under ~12 hours will stop it flowering. Its not that hard to understand.

http://www.maine911.com/kids/images/time_c1.jpg

Edited by wilderbud

I have been growing indoor mj for 25+ years, yes I tried that way back when I too was a novice grower along with many, many other things like sugar, IR and MV lights, adding all sorts of weird shit to the reservoir, leaving males in to pollinate the whole crop because I wanted a few seeds, etc, etc, etc. As you get more experience in growing you realise how dumb and stupid some of the things you did to your first few crops were. :lol:

:rolleyes:

Anything over ~16 hours of light is going to reveg it...

Actually, it's the length of the dark period which determines whether a plant is going to flower, not the length of the light period. Thus the discussion about setting up daylight cycles to be longer, whilst maintaining the 12 hour dark cycle necessary to initiate flowering.

I have been growing indoor mj for 25+ years, yes I tried that way back when I too was a novice grower along with many, many other things like sugar, IR and MV lights, adding all sorts of weird shit to the reservoir, leaving males in to pollinate the whole crop because I wanted a few seeds, etc, etc, etc. As you get more experience in growing you realise how dumb and stupid some of the things you did to your first few crops were. ::P:

:P

try and keep on topic Tom. chest pounding doesn't add anything to the discussion. We are talking about manipulating light cycles, not any of that other crap.

So, getting back to it. it is common knowledge that increasing the the dark period beyond 12 hours while of course decreasing the light period in each 24 hour cycle will speed up finishing of the crop (with a sacrifice in yield). Everyone agree with that?

so if that is the case, it would be a reasonable assumption that the longer the dark period in each day, the faster a plant flowers, and therefore the faster it would show sex. I remember posts on these boards where a grower claimed a quick way to sex a plant was to put them on a 6/18 light cycle and they usually showed within a few days, rather than a week or two which is what they usually take on 12/12. It makes sense to me.

I'd like to hear from Tom under what circumstances he tried this experiement to determine a 6/18 light cycle has no effect on how quickly a plant will show sex. Side by side grow boxes with one on 12/12 and the other on 6/18? Back to back grows with clones from the same mother? How many times did you try it? what lights were you using?

Edited by pipeman