Mould ?

ceedee

It's a bit hard to tell from that pic IMHO

But, personally, I would say no. The white you can see are the hairs and crystals. If you have a magnifying glass or a microscope and look at those white hairs, you should see a blob on the end of those hairs. That blob is the trichome.

When there's mould you'll usually see a black/dying spot where the mould has started from and as the mould progresses the black/dying spot gets bigger and bigger. Mould loves dark, damp areas, this is why mould often starts inside of the bud where the light doesn't penetrate. If it is mould, and you touch it, the mould is a bit like candy floss and breaks down with touch. Trichomes do not.

Mould often starts where there is damage to the stem inside of the bud. This damage allows the stem to weep moisture, the moisture can't evaporate and mould starts. 

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Thank you so much I really appreciate your detailed reply, it was still a tad wet when I bought it, I let it dry for a while but I've just had it in a bag for a couple of weeks and it just looked a bit different than when I first stashed it.

It's a bit hard to tell from that pic IMHO

But, personally, I would say no. The white you can see are the hairs and crystals. If you have a magnifying glass or a microscope and look at those white hairs, you should see a blob on the end of those hairs. That blob is the trichome.

When there's mould you'll usually see a black/dying spot where the mould has started from and as the mould progresses the black/dying spot gets bigger and bigger. Mould loves dark, damp areas, this is why mould often starts inside of the bud where the light doesn't penetrate. If it is mould, and you touch it, the mould is a bit like candy floss and breaks down with touch. Trichomes do not.

Mould often starts where there is damage to the stem inside of the bud. This damage allows the stem to weep moisture, the moisture can't evaporate and mould starts. 

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Thank you so much I really appreciate your detailed reply, it was still a tad wet when I bought it, I let it dry for a while but I've just had it in a bag for a couple of weeks and it just looked a bit different than when I first stashed it.

I added another photo for you to check, it just looks a lot whiter than when I first put it in the Jar?

post-63447-0-43275700-1634706097_thumb.jpg

post-63447-0-17006700-1634706106_thumb.jpg

I tried to scrape the stems but they're quite small nothing comes off, it's very sticky to pull apart and kind of looks like webbing on it? I'm guessing it wasn't flushed properly, it was making me cough badly and was sticky almost wet when I got it, unfortunately I had to bag it up for a week, it's lighter in colour now, the photos looks greener than it actually is. I'm using Macro camera so it's showing up all the trichomes but not sure if its lots of trichomes or mould, but yeah nothing happens when I scrape it because it's so sticky ! I'll post more pics with and without the flash.

Don't look like it , some ppl get confused

As Merlin said that's what truce look like

White powdery mildew is often confused in enlarged images of trichs

That sort of mould would be on leaves and rubs off when you put your finger across it , it ain't that either

Looks like a nice bud

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1