Tincture vs Smoking Flower

Sativa420

Question

I’ve been smoking .1g of flower per night for the last year or so to help with the side effects of my ADHD medication I take during the morning. I’ve had to back surgeries and it helps tremendously with pain. It also really helps me focus my attention and has helped me improve my musical performance due to my improved ability to practice for longer periods during the evening.

I’ve recent had access to an alcohol tincture (2:1 THC:CBD).

When I tried 5drops under the tongue, I got the same feeling from the usual .1g of dried flower.

5ml of tincture at a time is around $220. Which is around 20days worth.

However 14g of flower @~$200 is significantly more cost effective (around 140days)

I don’t like to smoke because of an asthmatic past and close neighbours.

Does smoking vs tincture change the chances of positive MDT. With the laws the way they are, it’s a bit of a concern. (I NEVER drive under the influence)

Any ideas?

Edited by Sativa420

7 answers to this question

It is my understanding that the MDT is an oral test and as both smoking and the tincture are both taken orally, it is likely both would give the same result.

I spoke to the canna dr last week and mentioned driving and she goes 'Ohh no, no, no. You can't drive for 24hrs after medicating...' I explained that I don't drive under the influence but was told it didn't matter if I believed I was under the influence or not, if THC could be detected that would be enough for a prosecution.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

It is my understanding that the MDT is an oral test and as both smoking and the tincture are both taken orally, it is likely both would give the same result.

I spoke to the canna dr last week and mentioned driving and she goes 'Ohh no, no, no. You can't drive for 24hrs after medicating...' I explained that I don't drive under the influence but was told it didn't matter if I believed I was under the influence or not, if THC could be detected that would be enough for a prosecution.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Thanks, that makes sense.

Any thoughts on tincture vs flower in terms of cost effectiveness?

All the videos on YouTube mention using Everclear, but there’s nothing that strong at the local bottle shops. Money is a bit tight at the moment and I don’t want to have to keep smoking it to medicate.

Cost? It depends on what its made from. Some people just use sugar leaf. I make mine with bud and OP Rum. So mine costs a bit more than some, but Ohh, it works well lol lol lol

Here's my 'How to..." tute

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/45016-op-rum-tincture/?hl=tincture&do=findComment&comment=476910 

P.S. Scroll to the top of the link page to see the full processes I use.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n

I have a friend who makes his own bourbon etc

He puts a couple of litres through the still to get up to 98% pure for me when I need it

I then put in a machine butter machine for 8 hrs at the tincture setting for a full extraction

Wait for it to cool , a few drops under the tongue is more than enough

Its called green dragon , look on Google and you'll find a written recipe

Whilst rum will work , the more alcohol content the better absorption of thc etc

The advantage of rum I suppose is you can still drink it like normal alcohol, if you use the same alcohol I use it's not a good idea to have more than a few drops at a time , you can also use vegetable glycerine or coconut oil instead of alcohol for oral consumption

Another way to make tincture without using rum or self distilled alcohol is to buy some isotropyl alcohol and make some oil

Then mix the oil with vegetable glycerine or coconut oil , again recipes and how to on Google

I've done it both ways

Personally I prefer the full extraction over tincture made with iso (isotropyl alcohol) which I prefer to vape or smoke

I use the coconut oil or vegetable glycerine when making for others who prefer that to alcohol for oral and topical use

Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk

Ahh Micmac I think you mean isopropyl alcohol, isotropyl is a term used with cocaine but I reckon it'd be a shitload more expensive than isopropyl alcohol lol lol lol

The reason I used rum was for the flavour and the 'OP' (Overproof) boasts the alcohol content.

To anybody reading this and thinking 'isopropyl alcohol ohh I can just drink that stuff...' NO YOU CAN'T!!!!! Drinking that stuff (And some other activities lol ) will send you blind and I don't mean blind drunk either.

Iso is OK to make oil with but it is not for human consumption.

Merl1n